GO!

Boston Terrier with skin bumps

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '08 6:25pm PST 
My parents Boston, Rocky has started getting small bumps under his skin. They don't seem to irritate him, however, they are not going away it's been about six weeks now, and they seem to be increasing. They took him to the vet for tests and biopsies and will hear back in about 2 weeks. I was just hoping anyone might have experience with this or know if there are conditions it may be other than cancer. They lost a doberman to cancer which started the same way so I know they are fearing the worst. Rocky is 8 years old and very healthy other than this. Any feedback is appreciated.
[notify]
Meeko

our little- boston- TERROR!!!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '08 11:57pm PST 
how big are the bumps?? i had a histiocytoma removed when i was about 7-8months old. since i have had a few little bumps appear on me a which have frightened my parents but have turned out to be papillomas. good luck & if you hav eany other questions ask awayhug
[notify]
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 12:18pm PST 
Thanks for replying. The bumps are small, like the size of a pea, but not very pronounced. A couple have opened and been have a scab, but do not seem to irritate him. He was however uncomfortable after the vet biopsied a few yesterday. he has stitches which made him not want to lie on his side. I thought he had scratched himself running through the hedges, but this doesn't seem to be the case. they are only on his right side. I hope its some kind of skin allergy but do not know enough to assume that. His energy is the same, and personality is happy as well.
[notify]

Noel

Pretty in Pink- ;)

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 12:29pm PST 
Are they white/grayish? Noel gets them all the time, vet said they were staph infections.
[notify]
Desi Ray

I hear a- noise...what's- Desi into now?

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 3:10pm PST 
Hi! Desi gets bumps similar-sounding, too. He has problems with staph. Don't know if this is your problem, I hope not. We've had a problem getting rid of it.
[notify]
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 3:56pm PST 
Hi, can't tell if they're white/grayish because they are under the fur, so it's hard to tell. Seems to be like pimples - still same color skin. Don't know yet if it's a staph infection...vet will let us know in 2 weeks what the tests reveal. Just hoping it's not cancer, although hopefully not a staph infection either.
[notify]
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Thu Dec 25, '08 7:37pm PST 
The vet gave us medicine for Rocky and his bumps seem to be getting better. Please say prayers for him that they go away completely.
[notify]
Meeko

our little- boston- TERROR!!!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 25, '08 8:14pm PST 
lots of good thoughts & prayers for rocky!!hughugwisheshugwisheswisheswisheshughug
[notify]
Lucky- "My Heavenly- Angel"

I'm a lucky dog!

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '09 1:09pm PST 
Thanks Meeko. It turns out that it is the result of some type of allergy. We are trying to determine if it was his bed, a food allergy or what....however, thank God that it was not anything more serious like staph or cancer. My parents are taking real good care of him and trying to find the cause.

Thanks for everyone's concern.
[notify]
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 10:10am PST 
Rocky has been doing much better. Skin bumps cleared up. We couldn't determine the source of the allergy, however, he's eating a different food - lamb and rice....and has not had any recurrences.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2