GO!

"Gurgling" Sounds in the Tummy

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 11:27am PST 
I think it could well be a stress thing. Perhaps he's gulping air more and it's air in his stomach. I know that when mummy gets stressed it can upset her stomach too.

Pepe often gets it but his is generally from eating some human food that he's not supposed to. He really gets the rumbles and mummy says she can feel it when she puts her hand on his stomach too. Hope he's feeling better now.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 10:14am PST 
All three of our Westies go through the rumbling sound every so often. They don't eat and just lay around. 5ml of Pepto and the following day they are fine....
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 10:19am PST 
Has he been checked for worms? A worm infestation can cause gurgling sounds...
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 10:43am PST 
Did anyone notice this thread was from 2006. I certainly hope Hanks belly is better now.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 11:00am PST 
LOL! laugh out loud Clearly I didn't...
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 8:02am PST 
This morning I woke up to my dog gagging so I jumped up and let her out she threw up some yellow liquid came back in and laid down then her stomach started to make loud noises, she has a cut on her foot from when my sister had her, she could barely take care of her self so I decided to take over, im worried it might be some kind of infection cuz she licks it alot, this is all new to me so any info would help thanx smile
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 10:47pm PST 
Hi, I know this post was started 6 years ago but it was very useful read indeed. So thank you to all the posters over the years.

This morning my dog (English pointer cross Lab) woke me up with his tummy making all sorts of noises, it actually happened yesterday too but I though it was the radiators making the noise. I just got up and let him out.

Yesterday he ate and was fine all day no problems but now I know the noise was him and it happened again this morning, this time he doesnt want his breakfast, so I am slightly concerned, as thats not like him.

Still like I said I have read all the posts above and some really good tips to follow, so thank you all again.
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 11:32am PST 
i agree pink bismuth does wonderful things for the dogs. Can't give it to cats because it's a salicylate (like asprin) but whenever the dogs have gotten into something that has them expelling liquid of either end of the gI They get a dose. they HATE the taste. I have to use a mouth syringe to get it in because mine are too small for the pills.

The yellow is morning indigestion. Sometimes if you're not following the same feeding schedule, or if your dog is stressed out on an empty tummy they will hork bile. It's sort of annoying when you wake up earlier than usual to the sound of gagging dog, but if it's empty tummy yellow clean it up and brush his teeth, give him a little bit to settle and then feed him.

Edited by author Sat Jun 2, '12 11:41am PST

[notify]

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 4:56am PST 
If your pooch hasnt eaten all day,not uncommon,his stomach is empty and will gurgle,I give mine a couple of dry biscuits and it goes away.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 5:47pm PST 
So my jrt's stomach is making really loud noises and she doesnt really wanna move around and she stays in one place and stretches out. Also she is gagging like she is trying to puke but she doesnt, do i need to take her to the vet or do you think it will pass?
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3