GO!

Hypothetical Breeding. White female to black and rust male

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 6:08pm PST 
This is strictly a hypothetical question. If someone wanted to breed a white female doberman with a black and rust male both of which have been tested and are clear on the health certifications. What color would be the more dominate gene? What color would the owner see more of in the offspring? I know some breeds the litter will go half and half. With the majority if the pups taking more after the father. I know a GSD breeder who has crossed a black and tan stud with a white bitch and had the majority of the pups come out colored like the stud same when he bred a white stud with a black and tan bitch. I am just wondering is why I asked this because I know from reading the AKC standard on the doberman that white is not a preferred color for Dobermans.
[notify]
Morlav's- Ruff N Rowdy

I'm tough

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 10:33am PST 
most of your pups would come out traditionally colored that is the 4 approved colors as white is an albino gene therfore recessive. However if the other dog is "Z" factor meaning in its papers they start with wz then the blk dog also carries the white gene. If you are serious about this you should do somemore reasearch as whites can have more health problems such as behavior, sight, sound and sun sensitivity. Don't get me wrong I have met some wonderful whites but more are bad in some way or another than good. Good luck
[notify]