GO!

Where are all the regular size Long-Haired Dachshunds?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 4:09pm PST 
We live in Northeast Louisiana and have inherited a wonderful 8 year old purebred, long-haired wiener dog. He is intact and we are looking to adopt a female so we can grow our little family. I've searched Petfidner & Craigslist to no end & while there are minis everywhere, I cannot seem to find a regular sized female with the long-hair frown My MIL purchased our boy from a pet shop in Dallas without knowing about the puppy mills years ago. I really do not want to go this route. Any resources, references or advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
[notify]
D'artagnan

I'm not lazy,- I'm just waiting- to play..

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 9:41am PST 
I know what you mean. When I was looking for my Dachshund. (Only three years ago) I coulndnt find ANY standard breeders. It is really frustrating. I really didn't want a 7 pound dog. Thankfully, Dar had bigger parents and just kept growing so he is 15lbs now. I would just try and look for a breeder with bigger mini's so you will have a dog around 11lbs or try ans find a breeder that has a mix of minks and standards.
[notify]