GO!

Could my 'Shawty' refusal to eat after a spanking be a result of pouting?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Shawty

Barked: Sun Nov 20, '11 7:08am PST 
Could my 'Shawty' refusal to eat after a spanking be a result of pouting?
[notify]
Blixa

Mama's Boy and- proud of it!

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 4:58am PST 
Shame on you for hitting your dog.frown
[notify]
Blixa

Mama's Boy and- proud of it!

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 4:58am PST 
Shame on you for hitting your dog.frown
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 7:45am PST 
II were your dog I would bite you. You don't HIT dogs. You train them. Shame shame shame on you.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 9:31am PST 
NEVER hita dog. A friend of mine did that once and even a light smack to a small dog can cause internal injuries. It did in her case and the dog died after a couple thousand dollars of emergency surgery. NEVER, EVER hit a dog. Learn to take care of your dog or deliver it to a rescure where someone will properly care for him/her. A dog is like having a baby.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 12:21pm PST 
When I ran off one time while getting ready to go to the weiner dog races my mom scolded me. I taught her a lesson and when it was time for the race, I wouldn't run. =) another time she was mad at me for hiding in the yard and making her worry. When we came onside I ran under the chair and I tried to let her know to stop being mad, but she kept reaching for me. I was afraid, so I bit her! Mom has calmed down and would never hit me or my brothers, so we try not to make her worry anymore.

You should never hit a doggie, no matter how big or small.
[notify]
Ellie

Come get me! - Heheheheh!

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '12 5:27pm PST 
(Shame on you for spanking your dog! - Ellie & Frankie's Mom)

I can say that my Mom gets me to respond better by staying calm when correcting me and I am much better because my Mom & Dad trained me how to act better. I don't understand yelling and hitting! I am still naughty sometimes, but I am always learning. Sometimes I am naughty or pout because I am bored, I don't mean anything by it! Chasing my ball or going for a walk helps me to not be bored though.
[notify]
Abby

The long short- of it is...

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 1:44am PST 
Dachshunds are very.. moody. Abby has a weird routine after being scolded. However i do not support 'spankings' you know your dog. One thing to watch out for when 'spanking' a dachshund is their long backs. If swatted can sometimes result in a sprained disc or worse. =) just a thought
[notify]
Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 2:26pm PST 
While everyone above is correct, 'spanking' your dog is not the responsible way to solve a problem, Daschund's can be very moody. Mine, Fancy, knows when I get angry at her. Generally, she'll hide under a desk or something and wont do anything until I show her some love.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 7:26am PST 
With my dachshunds it hurts their feelings, even when I raise my voice. Love on them and will soon forget.
[notify]