GO!

Dachshund sweaters?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 8:48pm PST 
Do you know of any specific website where I can purchase sweaters long enough to cover pepper's little long body up? I buy her small/medium size clothes but still part of her belly is exposed and she gets cold fast, so this leads to keeping her at home alone. She hates it since she loves to go to the saturday market and see and be seen (she ...really does)
Thanks smile
[notify]
Blixa

Mama's Boy and- proud of it!

Barked: Sun Nov 22, '09 5:48pm PST 
Houndz in the Hood will fix you right up!
[notify]
CoCoa

Barked: Sun Jan 9, '11 3:11pm PST 
www.WeinerWraps.com/wraps

These are dog coats designed specifically for dachshunds. Hand made from comfortable, soft fleece, designed to completely wrap a wiener dog in warmth & comfort. Each coat features a zipper closure, on the top, running the entire length of the coat, which makes putting on or taking off a WeinerWrap quick and easy. These dachshund dog coats also feature a stylish collar, full fleece belly panel, along with cuffed leg openings for the front legs.
[notify]

Schatzie

Feed me!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 5:23pm PST 
Many dachshund specific clothe companies charge an arm and a leg for their products. The best thing to do is buy a large size (a size up) and sew it at home at the waist. It gives you more variety because if you ever see a sweater you like at any store you have the piece of mind that it will fit with just a little input on your part. OR you can shop martha stewart's petsmart collection, her stuff really fits dachshunds well. My standard has many cute coats, sweaters, and tshirts from her line and they fit perfectly.
[notify]
Schatzie

Feed me!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 7:44pm PST 
Many dachshund specific clothe companies charge an arm and a leg for their products. The best thing to do is buy a large size (a size up) and sew it at home at the waist. It gives you more variety because if you ever see a sweater you like at any store you have the piece of mind that it will fit with just a little input on your part. OR you can shop martha stewart's petsmart collection, her stuff really fits dachshunds well. My standard has many cute coats, sweaters, and tshirts from her line and they fit perfectly.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 9:36am PST 
We love teckelklub. They make wonderful fleecy sweaters (the Fuzzy) and great raincosts that can be worn over. They are designed for Doxies and long dogs and are the best Ive had for our little girl. She loves them (not so much, other sweaters). They are still a little skimpy over the tummy area which can really use a warm covering on a cold day.
[notify]