GO!

Fluffiest Dogs In the World

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥- PETIT BIJOU- ♥

HOLD ME! KISS- ME! LOVE ME!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '07 12:16am PST 
I must say it is really hard being a Coton de Tulear. My coat is so white that every speck shows. If I walk over leaves and junk they cling to me. And to top it off my hair isn't all grown in so some always gets in my eyes. But my mommy gets me lots of baths with a wonderful groomer at Pet Smart. She does lots
of Cotons and knows just what we like-even special conditioners so my hair doesn't stand on end. I am really playful - I love to take my Daddy's shoes and socks. I am a little guy and I kind of like marking up the house so everyone knows I'm here. Have to go-it's sooo hot I have to go lay on a nice cold floor.
Wet Kisses To All,
Bijou
[notify]
Le Mirage

Barked: Sun Nov 2, '08 1:39pm PST 
My coat is white too, master combs it and processes hair dryer, but if bathe each day that hairs can become dry and "molt". My master does not allow to rest upon cool floor, but on pillow or small rug only.blue dog
[notify]
Charlemagne

Connosieur of- fine socks.

Barked: Sun Jan 11, '09 6:31pm PST 
Haha, I wish I had you guys' problem! My mom got me shaved when it turned out I had to be neutered, because my coat was getting full of grime and dirt. But I sure miss being a canine swiffer!
[notify]

Zoe

Barked: Tue Feb 3, '09 6:26pm PST 
Oh Charlemagne, I know how you feel! My mom took me to the groomer and without my mommy knowing, they shaved me. And it was in the middle of winter. Something about too many mats... mom almost cried when she saw me! My people sister, Grace, didn't even recognize me. Anyhoo, it's growing back and I can almost stand to go outside without my sweater. I'm thinking spring!

Zoe
http://www.cotondetulearblog.com
[notify]
Ricky

Mommy's "Angel"

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 4:02pm PST 
My mommy says she needs to brush me everyday to keep me looking handsome.

She even has to tie up my bangs.....I think that's so I can see.

Well, anyway, the girls really like me, except went mommy has to put in those stupid bows confused

Well, it's a football bow, but, please mom, the guys keep teasing me.
red face
[notify]
Ricky

Mommy's "Angel"

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 6:16am PST 
My mom is looking for any Coton owners that can share their ideas on grooming products and tools that work best for Cotons.

Any good books on Coton's???
[notify]
Charlemagne

Connosieur of- fine socks.

Barked: Mon May 18, '09 1:24pm PST 
The Kennel Club's rare breed edition book "The Coton de Tulear" is really amazing! big grin Mom's read it cover to cover several times.

I'd give you some grooming tips myself but my groomer defluffied me. cry red face
[notify]
Winston

Mommy gets to- pick me up in- July!

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 12:33pm PST 
My human mommy has been looking for shampoos too! Her breeder says that Chris Christensen, All Systems and Les Poochs has good brushes.
Shampoos that my mommy will get are: Espree, Bio-Groom, Vellus, Pure Paws, Les Poochs and Stazco. But for now she has an All Natural puppy shampoo called Earth Bath and will be ordering the Pure Paws for me soon!
Mommy also ordered "Chris Chistensen White on White" system but her breeder says White on White is too strong for my coton fur and can turn me blue!! But her breeder says Chris has a good conditioner called Ice on Ice that can be used on me sparingly. smile

Oh yeah! Mommy got so many brushes for me from that Chris guy and she also goes to a havanese forum for grooming suggestions since there isn't many coton resources

phew, i'm tired! nap time
[notify]
Twyla- Eleanor

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 7:59pm PST 
We like "Nature's Specialties" shampoos and conditioners - they are all natural, biodegradable and non-toxic. We've tried the whitening and oatmeal shampoos and the coat and oatmeal conditioners but our absolute favorite product of theirs is a detangling spray called "quicker slicker." Mom sprays that on me after my bath before I get blow-dried and it really helps... she also really likes to use it if I get a little smelly or tangly between baths! It was recommended by a Coton Breeder in Colorado. We use the nature's specialties conditioner usually but when I get really frazzled looking from the beach and the FL sun we use Solid Gold's Jojoba Conditioner. It makes my coat SOOO SOFT and it smells really amazing too.. Oh mom also likes all these products because they come concentrated so they last longer, and when she dilutes them she can use warm water so it isn't too cold for me! ..hope that helps!
[notify]
Ricky

Mommy's "Angel"

Barked: Sun Jul 26, '09 4:49pm PST 
My mom just tried "Eqyss" shampoo and conditioner on me and what a great help with the mats.

These products made it much easier to comb out my coat and I am nice and white.

blue dog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2