GO!

The Wisdom Panel DNA Results...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 4:50am PST 
Nope, kelpies don't have ACD in them. ACDs were created after the kelpie and most likely kelpie went into them with a slew of other breeds. If your kelpie test comes up with ACD it's most certainly a mix, not pure.

I didn't know kelpie was included in the test now. I've actually been tempted to do Jackson before just to see what comes up as I know lots of people have reported whacky results on both working and bench dogs.

I'm glad they are doing a retest, as I think it's way off base!
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 5:53am PST 
Ahh got it mixed up, what they told me on the Kelpie FB page was that ACD is half Kelpie, not the other way around!
laugh out loud
It was that Kelpies came from BCs and Dingos is what they also said.

I figure when they did the test, they ran a Google search on my name and Rigby. Rig does photograph a lot bigger than she actually is. So a GSD x Husky, with some coonhound for the ticking could theoretically be plausible, but not when she's so small!

If there is actually accuracy to the optimal selection, that could do wonders for breeding in general. But I mean...that's "if" laugh out loud
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 9:07am PST 
Oh come on.. being a GSD / Husky isn't THAT bad.. red face
[notify]

Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 9:51am PST 
Lily came back Siberian, Malamute and Shiba Inu. I can see the Sibe, especially in her behavior, the Shiba in the eyes, but Malamute?? She is bigger than a true Sibe. I personally think Siberian and ACD though I have recently discovered there is a Shiba breeder in the county she was found in.
[notify]
Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 5:14pm PST 
Cosmo came back as 100% American Fox Hound. I can believe he has a lot of FoxHound in him but his snout is just not Fox Houndish. He is from an area that has a lot of hounds so who knows, maybe he just has really bad breeding shrug
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Oct 5, '13 1:39pm PST 
I got a Wisdom Panel done for Farley a couple years back and I don't recall them requesting a photo.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Oct 5, '13 3:06pm PST 
I think they only ask for a picture if you complain about the original results. They'll do a "re-analysis" that uses a picture. That's how it was when I did mine anyway

Edited by author Sat Oct 5, '13 3:16pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Oct 6, '13 3:35am PST 
Dingo ... Maybe. It's been debated a long time. No one was admitting putting a sheep killer in a herding dog back in these dayd. Border collie though? LOL. They weren't established until about fifteen years AFTER the kelpie, in England!!! I need to go and see this facebook page!

Looking forward to seeing the new results!
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 6:33am PST 
Nare! laugh out loud
Not a bad mix at all! Just not what I think Rigby is! She definitely doesn't have that big gorgeous fluffy coat like Nare does.
Admittedly I am a little partial to the sheep dogs and smaller herding breeds.

Lily - It's interesting when you discover a breeder of a more uncommon breed in the area of where your pup was found. I've noticed over the past few years that there are an awful lot of Rigby-looking dogs in shelters/rescues or from kijiji in and around where we found her.
I thought I had found the breeder when I saw on kijiji a litter of Border Collie x Kelpie pups that looked quite similar. Though they said it was a one-time accidental breeding shrug

Cosmo - that's always a possibility. I've seen a lot of so-called purebreds with papers that have weird "off standard" traits like that.

Farley - as Onyx said, they asked me when I told them I don't believe their original results.

JT - That's a good point about the Dingo BOL. Also strange about the FB page then. I really haven't spent too much time digging for info on the breeds history, mostly just temperament and herding style smile
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:22am PST 
Rigby looks a lot like my Penny so I am interested in seeing the results. Her vet strongly thinks that she is not the Chihuahua/Dauschund mix that the rescue told me she was. Her vet has suggested Kelpie several times. Penny is very close to 14lbs and she is 7 months old. I feel like that is on the big side for what the rescue said she was. She had the Chihuahua head but even that is getting bigger. I have no clue what she is, my little one is definitely a mystery!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4