GO!

Ideal breed? Relatively quiet, medium-to-low energy, small-to-medium size, highly trainable.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 4:09pm PST 
Gee, on this side of the pond the English Cocker has a reputation as being MUCH more stable and even tempered than the American Cocker. And, as Tyler pointed out, a good temperament is more likely a given with a responsible, dedicated breeder.

Edited to add if I may, I would like to put in a plug for a mini poodle. Their coats are SOFT and lamblike, and should NEVER be coarse. Yes, they will require grooming about ever 6 weeks, but if kept in a kennel clip or lamb clip you should only have to brush the ears and tail, and not really that often.
Again with a good breeder, you will get a top notch temperament.
Check out Toto's profile page, you will see him in action and in no action, BOL!

Edited by author Thu Sep 12, '13 4:14pm PST

[notify]
Rusty

Champion PPH

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 9:19am PST 
For some odd reason, I like to recommend an American Cocker. You can keep them in a short cut, and their indoor off switch is lovely. My boy loves walks and adores children. You have to pay attention to keeping their ears clean, as that can be an issue with any cocker breed. I'd recommend getting one from a rescue, as the foster parent will know it's temperament in most situations.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2