GO!

Is this a wolf dog?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:35am PST 
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26635422

I was browsing petfinder and came across this gal.
She looks unusually wolfy to me. The long muzzle, thin face..
Am I completely off ? thinking
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:57am PST 
That is a phenomenally beautiful dog but I'm not hundred percent sold she is a wolfdog. Low content wolf/coy at the very most, but she looks more like a GSD husky to me.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 8:06am PST 
I don't think so, although I'm really not knowledgeable about Wolf Dog's at all. But in the second shot of her sitting, looking at the camera, I think her face has the look of a Malamute about it, so maybe that mixed with GSD or something.
[notify]

Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 9:08am PST 
Doesn't look wolf-ie enough to me. Husky/malamute/GSD type mixes can turn out dogs that look VERY wolfy but don't have that... "I WILL do what I want" look in their eye. Tamaskans too look wolf-ie like that (I don't remember what all is in them though). She has happy dog face. smile Also it says she's SUPER people/stranger/family friendly, which is not usually the case with wolfdogs in rescues/shelters. (and man, if I were in a more permanent living situation right now I would want her REALLY bad)

Edited by author Sun Jul 14, '13 9:11am PST

[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 7:22pm PST 
I see a Collie face (as in Lassie) and Siberian or Malamute coloring.
[notify]