GO!

Totally shocked with GSD at dog show

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 6:18pm PST 
Ohhhhh , Tiller! Luger, Jackson and especially Shastacloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9

Btw, when I said I liked King's looks better than some of the purebreds around now, I wasn't referring to anyone on this thread or on dogster in generalsmile
[notify]
Ginger

Happy papi and- spaniel at- heart!

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 8:12pm PST 
I am so glad to hear other people feel the same way as I do about some of the breeding going on with this breed. I also am extremely sad when I see a German Shepherd that looks the way some of them do today. They do look deformed and there is no way it should ever happen. And I have been to a local dog show where some of the dogs really looked unhealthy like this - in other breeds too. I guess the small shows don't draw the same dogs that the larger shows do.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 2:30pm PST 
I found the results online. The dog I was shocked with won 3rd out of group in 3 out of 4 shows!shock Not only did he beat out the other GSD in three shows, he beat the 2 other breeds tooconfused I can't find the kennel name nor is there a picture of him. ON the bright side, the GSD I was rooting for won 3rd out of group in 1 show plus BPIGbig grin

Found the GSD's name though: Cassidy von Deutschen Konighof

Edited by author Tue Jul 23, '13 2:32pm PST

[notify]

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 4:42pm PST 
No shocker seeing her be put up, she's the daughter of the dog who took Sieger a few years back confused
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 5:58pm PST 
Mulder, I know very little about breed lines. Can you help me out here? thinking
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 7:42pm PST 
The Sieger in Germany is akin to the highest honor any single dog, regardless of breed, could possibly win. Its like taking Westminster or Cruffs, but for that particular dog, for GSDs, its even more important. Who wins at Sieger, determines what GSDs will be in the show circuit for years to come.

Ober von Bad-Boll, who took Sieger in 2010, is this dogs sire. He is quintessential West German showlines, perhaps great for his lines, but as you've seen... perhaps not the most moderate producer.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Jul 24, '13 3:10am PST 
Thanks for the explanation , Mulder. Butfrown To paraphrase, I may not know dog lines and shows, but I know what I like. If I was getting a GSD and had to chose between those 2 dogs, I know which kennel I would be going to wink Btw red face on calling her a him all through this thread.

As a side note to anyone still reading, the Standard Poodle won BIS at 2 out of the 4 showsbig grin
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Jul 24, '13 2:52pm PST 
A blog post on PDE is talking about the very same subject.

Kind of sad to see the puppy on the website of the breeders linked to in that blog post.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Jul 24, '13 6:47pm PST 
It's funny you posted that as the Euro show lines are in my mind far more extreme, far slower too to be addressing an over-the-topness, and the unfortunate part of that is that those who are told of "those crazy American extremes" easily and often go to the "still bred to work" German lines, where it is a VERY easy for the unitiated to end up with a "high line" (German show line) dog who is far worse than what the Americans are, and to boot do courage tests to the level of debacle that Mulder put up.

I'd take an Am line over that any day, these days.

We have a way to go here, but I know things don't change in a day and I feel confident in what direction we are headed. Meaning American. Can't do much about the SV these days, sadly. Shows there are so elite that it doesn't matter what the KC says....those are less coveted titles.

This is the STAR of the breed of recent times, Capi, who holds a pretty elite distinction of being both a Grand Victor (which = best of the best at the national speciality) and also has won Group at Westminster. Shown here in more of a free stack for a better interpretation. Grandson of Dallas and looks it.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 12:47pm PST 
Oh Tiller! I so love that guy, he is just a dream. The first time I saw him in a ring I just stared. He has the looks, the conformation AND all that charisma! One of those dogs that just makes you drool.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6