GO!

Totally shocked with GSD at dog show

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 2:32pm PST 
I went to the dog show that was in town. We are a small city , so naturally there were some breeds that did not have a lot in the show. The GSD had 2. My jaw literally dropped at one of them. The back end was pitifulcry Not only was he physically deformed as far as I am concerned, he was not listening to his handler at all. The other GSD was a puppy, with a relativity straight back and very handler focused. Guess which dog won? confused This is improving the breed? I had a GSD/Husky mix that was a better representative of the GSD than what I just saw!
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 4:06pm PST 
sadly, that deformed back end is what they want. I watched a crufts show and was in tears.those poor GSD
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 5:42pm PST 
Simply breaks my heart.

Its criminal to my mind.

All that can be said is that like many other breeds... those who truely love and treasure the REAL breed will keep it safe.. keep it alive... and bring it back when the irresponsible money grabbing idiots are all long gone.

hughughughughughughughug
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 8:01pm PST 
I think that's so sad. My Jaxey was a mutt and had way better conformation than my 2 current purebreds.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 10:28pm PST 
This is the breed that should give 'an overall impression of athleticism' cry
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 6:12am PST 
I found this last night on Wikipedia:

"The Kennel Club's position is that "this issue of soundness is not a simple difference of opinion, it is the fundamental issue of the breed’s essential conformation and movement."[39] The Kennel Club has decided to retrain judges to penalize dogs suffering these problems.[40] It is also insisting on more testing for hemophilia and hip dysplasia, other common problems with the breed."

The Kennel Club in question is the original ie UK kennel clubsmile Obviously not written into the Canadian Kennel Clubconfused
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 8:37pm PST 
What type of dog show was it?
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 2:34am PST 
It was mostly conformationcry There was some OB and Rally OB but it won in conformation. I will post some pics once the results are online.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 6:31am PST 
So sad. frown I seen one GSD at the dog park had pretty good back actually.

Also seen GSD at normal park walking on leash and back was not as good as the dog park one. Crazy.

"The other GSD was a puppy, with a relativity straight back and very handler focused. Guess which dog won? confused This is improving the breed?"

Which is sad, but breeders need to wake up they need stop focusing on breeding their dog to champions and choose dogs with good health and temperament in mind. I mean I'm not against dog shows, but the breeders make decisions too they should look at the dog run, play and stand and see if they can walk fine. Check x rays etc.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 7:03am PST 
Most of the German Shepherds that I've seen in my area have got the roached backs. When they walk they look like they're crippled. It's so sad. cry
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6