GO!

What to do???

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
Hades

I will lick you- to death!

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 6:14pm PST 
A quick update smile Athena did well at her evaluation. She does not have any major issues she has some food agression, she is a bit on the shy side for a Rottie according to the evaluator she wants to work on socializing her a bit more. She has absolutely no agression unless she is really provoked and even then she will try to flee before she bites or makes a move to bite. Basically she passed with flying colors. Her vet visit went well she is actually 10 months old and my vet said she is an ideal weight and she is probably a purebred Rottie. I suspect my ex BIL probably got her from a BYB which means I am walking blind as to her temperament etc but the vet did say so far her hips look good. What do I need to ask for testing wise this was just a quick health check as I had get my son to a neuro appt. Also do you all think it's possible to train Athena to be a seizure alert dog? My son has epilepsy and while he is completely seizure free during the day he will have about 3 or 4 seizures a month and only at night. He doesn't need a full service dog just an alert dog for home. Any input on that is appreciated.
[notify]
Hades

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 9:17pm PST 
Well I have discovered the hazards of owning two large dogs and forgetting to leave the screen door of the sliding glass door open. Let's just say I had to replace the door but I am safe from the squirrels. Hades and Athena barreled through it and saved me from those vicious squirrels! I have a sneaking suspicion this won't be the last thing I have to replace... Oh well it's just a door that will teach me leave the screen shut laugh out loud Penny sat there and looked at me like "Mom I didn't do it this time."
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 2:51am PST 
Ah.......the hazards of owning big dogs. laugh out loud Glad everything went well. Good Luck with her.snoopy
[notify]

Hades

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 5:07am PST 
Kali I had forgotten what having two large dogs is like! It will be an adventure! I really thought about it and I believe I made a good decision. It was rushed but it was still a good choice. I think with some extra work Athena will be a good dog!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 6:54am PST 
The joys of owning large breed puppies. big laugh Little puppy brain in big dog bodies... been there done that. Kai took out the screen on the back door 3 times before we finally put in a special grate to protect the screen and when we replace the front screen door we will be going with a decorative security door, not because we need the security but because it is the only thing that has a chance against a 120 pound Akita that has a person vendetta against bunnies in his yard.laugh out loud Good Luck!!
[notify]
Hades

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 9:58am PST 
Athena discovered bunnies on her morning walk! She was curious at first and then she wanted to chase them! I went home with 3 wet stinky dogs because some ducks had the audacity to quack at them and flap their wings! We did the off leash nature trail this morning at the suggestion of her new trainer. She did amazing except when Hades tore off into the lake after the ducks she and Penny took their cues from big brother! That earned quite a few chuckles from on lookers when they realized 65lb Rottie, the 50+lb wanna be Pit Bull and the 10lb baby all belonged to me! Thankfully my dogs listen well and they came when I called laugh out loud I wanted to drop this pesky 10lbs that has been hanging on I think Athena is going to help with that!
[notify]
Hades

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 2:47pm PST 
I should have clarified Athena's trainer was with us. I wouldn't allow her off leash without professional back up smile
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 9:34am PST 
applause
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3