GO!

GSD Breeder

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 68)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:27am PST 
Excited!!!! Hope this one works out for you!!
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:54am PST 
What Jewel? No Poodles todaybig laugh I look forward to the day we finally meet, but perhaps we should make a new dog? We could call it a Goodle or a Shepoodle?

Kidding, don't hurt me!

I have options now. I like this. It doesn't make my chest hurt as much as having no options did.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 12:33pm PST 
hughughugGood Luck Sabi, I hope it works out for you and you get the puppy you want.
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 12:42pm PST 
I am very happy for you, Sabi smile As I said, sometimes it can get frustrating. Particularly when you get anywhere near precise in what you want. It more comes with the territory, but if you stick with it, you do eventually find the pup and breeder you are after way to go

That comment doesn't surprise me. Sabi, off her looks, had that old school look all told. With a lot of these "old fashioneds" breeders, that is what they try to emulate, although with various extremes. The phrases you were hearing most likely were referring to dogs bred for military for the Czech/Slovak border patrol. Those dogs were a lot harder.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 2:00pm PST 
Sabi .......... way to go
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 2:38pm PST 
My breeders sold their whole litter of standard puppies already! Things are barely three weeks old! So I have nothing to push on you right now. shrug
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 4:48pm PST 
I know the feeling of frustration Sabi. I waited 2 years for the puppy from the bitch I really wanted! I was so set on a pup from her. But things haven't worked out that way. She lost all her puppies in her most recent litter and I was gutted when I was informed that it would be doubtful she'll ever be used again. So, I've ended up with a puppy from another litter. He has a good pedigree and I'm hopeful he turns out to be the pup I wanted from the get go. But, you're right, it's truly something unexplainable when you find the right breeding and when you find the right bitch. Hopefully everything goes according to plan, and you get your puppy way to go
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:42pm PST 
Thanks everyone,

Tyler, yes! You understand perfectly. I am glad you got a pup finally, I'm sorry it wasn't quite the right one. Hopefully it will be the one you needed.

Tiller, thank you for explaining. That would make sense, the comments came from Polish military K9, Polish police K9 and German military K9. All elderly people who retired from service and moved to Canada. They were talking about specifics, the width and slope of her jaw, the depth of her chest, the slope of her shoulder. All commented that the bloodlines were 'contaminated'(I laughed about that). At the time I chalked it up to old folks being nostalgic, but the more of the poorly bred dogs I saw, the more I wondered. She was just bigger, heavier and more 'worky' then your average BYB pup. But they all started from somewhere right?.
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 68)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7