GO!

I have a question

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 12:56pm PST 
Actually where I live there is a lot of breed snobbery. I asked the foster we adopted Penny what she was because I want to know what sort of personality I might get. I know exactly what I have with Hades because I got him from a friend whose brother's Staffie got out 2 days before she was supposed get fixed and got pregnant by the bulldog down the street. I know and am aware that this is irresponsible pet ownership on both sides but I cannot control what other people do. I didn't realize Chiweenie was a "designer" breed my sister adopted a chihuahua/corgi mix and we have always called him a Chicorgi. There is nothing designer about my mix breeds I had no clue people were breeding Chihuahuas and Dauchsands on purpose. As to what kennel clubs can do, they can stop registering the animals that these millers, BYBs are using IMO I don't think any unethical breeders should be rewarded with registration of their litters etc. If they are unethical and their pups etc don't meet breed standard then they shouldn't be registered. I had a Sheltie growing up and we couldn't register him because he was a 1/2" shorter than breed standard. I aassume the AKC now lets just anyone register their animals these days. I love my mix breeds, I like that Hades got the best of both breeds and it appears Penny did as well (although I see more Dauchsand in her). I was merely very sad (and creeped out to be honest) by these dogs I saw. They don't romp and play, they don't go for walks because owner said they are in danger of a crushed trachea and she can't find a smal enough harness, she freely admitted her dogs have numerous medical problems and probably won't live much past 3yrs old. I don't see that as a good life for dogs or any animal. I get breed snobbery because I don't have a purebreeds and around here people wear their AKC Registration like a badge, people also assume because I have a large dog I don't like small dogs this is not the case.
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 2:59pm PST 
The AKC has no direct power over what any breeder does. They can only decide what breeds the recognize and what dogs they register. They don't recognize these mixes or register these mixed breed dogs. I don't know what more you expect them to do on that front.

And your post certainly read as in the same breath objecting to Attitude about your bully breed mix while feeling perfectly free to dish out Attitude about other people's dogs that you don't agree with.
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 6:21pm PST 
ok I obviously didn't make myself clear the following link is what I object to, also please go to the FAQ section and see what it says about registration. I also uunderstand that the AKC doesn't register mixed breeds. I have had both purebreeds and mixed breeds my entire life and I am not an idiot.

http://www.teacuppuppiesstore.com/Yorkiesforsale.htm
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2