GO!

Why do I know so many idiots?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 11:54am PST 
Seriously.

I swear, being the knowledgeable person out of my friends/family when it comes to dogs is both a nightmare and a godsend. I mean, sure, I can give advice, I can help where it's needed and SOMETIMES you get the people that actually listen... The nightmare? Dealing with the people who want the advice and NEVER LISTEN.

You all know about the Setter owners, so I won't even go there again. I have seen them maybe once or twice since they got the other puppy and haven't really had much of anything to do with them. Far less stress on that front now!

However... Now I have more idiots to deal with.

Another friend bred her two Pit Bulls(of unknown pedigree) together because they wanted to make money off them and have ONE litter before they spayed their female. Uh huh... Their female is only a YEAR OLD, had ELEVEN PUPPIES, and they're going to be trying to sell them for $1000 a pup. LOL. Yep. I outright told her, "You won't get $1000 for a puppy. If people want to spend that much, they'll go to a REPUTABLE breeder who health tests their dogs, does temperament testing, and has health guarantees and contracts." and she responded defensively with, "If GOOD homes want them, they'll pay it. The puppies will come with first sets of shots, blah blah." Facepalm time. GOOD homes would know where to look for GOOD dogs and would do their research. silenced

My dad, about a month ago, called me to ask about a friends Pit Bull puppy who was six months old and in her first heat. She was apparently very very swollen and bleeding all over and my dads friend(the owner of the Pit Bull) was freaking out and was SERIOUSLY ASKING ME if he should give her a hot bath to help soothe the swelling! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! NO! LEAVE IT THE HECK ALONE! I assured him that his puppy would be perfectly fine, and to leave it alone, the usual advice for a puppies first heat and advised him to get her spayed after. My dad asked me if I wanted a Pit Bull puppy. "Dad... I'm pregnant with my first child, have a rabbit, a hamster, a snake, and two dogs... Do you really think I want a puppy to add to the mix?" So what does he go and tell his friend? That I want a puppy. This friend says to me while on the phone, "So your dad said you want a puppy."..... "No. I don't want a puppy. I've got enough on my hands, my Beagle doesn't like Pit Bulls and I have a NEWBORN BABY ON THE WAY. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER DOG." Ugh.

So I get a call today from my dad... This friend is wanting advice again. He wants to know the symptoms of pregnancy in a female dog because his puppy apparently got hooked up "ACCIDENTALLY" with some male. I didn't even speak to him. "Quite frankly dad, if he's irresponsible enough to let a PUPPY(or any dog for that matter) get pregnant, and doesn't even know what the symptoms of pregnancy is or how to deal with a dog in heat, not only should he NOT be breeding this dog, but he should have her spayed." and refused to speak to the guy. I was swearing.

I'm going nuts.

I'm tired of the idiots out there. Make them go away. Please.

I have a headache just thinking about them. I'm going to go cuddle my puppies now and cheer myself up.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 12:13pm PST 
confused.........meditate.......shrug

Aka the Three Musketeers of your life at the moment wink

Edited by author Sat May 25, '13 12:14pm PST

[notify]
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 4:11pm PST 
Charlie, if I could make em' go away for ya I would wave a magical wand and do it. If anyone deserves a break from them, you'd definitely be one who has earned a break.

At least you do have your pups to cuddle to feel better. A Lenny hug always makes me feel better from idiot head aches. hug
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 5:49pm PST 
Too bad the idiots can't be spayed and/or neutered. Then they couldn't reproduce more idiots.
Ooops, did I say that out loud? silenced

Edited by author Sat May 25, '13 6:43pm PST

[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 9:31pm PST 
I have a magnet on my fridge that says 'If I promise to miss you will you go away?' Wanna hang it on your door?laugh out loud
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 10:54pm PST 
$h1tkickers.

That is all.
[notify]
Sadie

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 5:37pm PST 
Hi, I'm new, don't want to intrude but really could not help myself after reading that. I mean, my God. My two sons who are not the most responsible kids knew better at 18 how to handle thier dogs (first dogs for both-not in the same localation son no had his own place when he got his pitbull) They did thier research, knew what to expect with a heat, how to keep thier dogs safe from unwanted pregnancies until they opted as to whether they wanted to breed or spay. They knew how to provide for thier comfort why? Because they were very responsible, well behaved young men mature beyond thier yrs? Ha ha ha! Not a shance. Because they LOVED thier dogs! And when you love someone, really, really love them be it man or beast you put thier well being above all else. If you eat ramen soup for 6 months you get them thier shows. If you have the hangover of your life you take them for thier walk. if you don't know something you LOOK IT UP. But usually you won't have to because you already will have researched every bit of info about your puppy in the first weeks you had her (not before in thier case, I said they are not THAT responsible LOL)

I am just astounded by this story. Really mind boggling. You know if God Forbid these asshats make even a fw hundreds bucks a popp they're gonna look at it as "free money" and breed this poor dog repeatedly.
And the other idiot won't get his fixed. How does a dog "accidently" hook up????
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 5:49pm PST 
Can somebody more techy find something for me??? I saw a post awhile ago that was a photo of a really ticked off looking kitty and the caption something to the effect of "You know how you see some people and you just know you're getting your first assault charge"...perfect but I don't know how to find it againbig laugh
[notify]
Kris

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 7:55am PST 
I had someone email me who knew I had bred dogs in the past. They said their two dogs tied and they put them in the shower to make them come apart. Then when the female had her pups, they emailed me pictures of the puppies and said they were all males. It was quite obvious in the picture that the ones I could see were females.

With the internet how can people be so clueless?
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 4:17pm PST 
I believe that's called "they are because I said so".naughty
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2