GO!

So, convince me. Why should I not get a Border Collie ;)

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4  
Link

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 2:42pm PST 
Will do Gus. I'm having some technical issues, so it may be a while before they're posted.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 6:48pm PST 
He's so cute! smile Can't wait to see more pics of him!
[notify]
Link

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 6:13am PST 
Updated Link's profile smile. He's still new here, so there's more to come as I get to know him better.
[notify]

Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 10:55am PST 
Link is beautiful!

I too am interested to find out his energy level... If he has the intelligence of a BC but the laid back demeanour of a Newfie, you're a very lucky owner smile

Keep us posted on how he's getting on... 'Link' is such a cool name too!

Good luck! He sure is a handsome boy smile
[notify]
Link

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 11:51am PST 
Thanks Dexter. So far, he's a really sweet boy. I can't really gauge his intelligence yet, but I did manage to teach him "watch me" and "stop" in a very short time, and hopefully I can teach other commands later on. He's kind of stubborn, but that's nothing I don't deal with when it come to Jane. Aside from the occasional zoomies, he seems to be pretty mellow.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 1:06pm PST 
So sweet! Isn't it funny how you don't quite end up with what you thought you were looking for? He looks like one lucky pup!cloud 9
[notify]
Link

Barked: Mon May 13, '13 7:27am PST 
Thanks Gus. It is funny how things work out differently than you expect them to.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 3:42am PST 
Always be prepared for surprises. Dunlop will be six the end of this year and has recently started to herd. Head down, crouched, EYE type herding. Problem was the "sheep" was a little black toy poodle. Why he chose to herd it I have no idea, though it was running loose, almost a block down from it's handler. He's worked and played along side with all sorts of poodles

He has issues with other dogs and with some people. I didn't know of anyone with darker skin that I could introduce him to as a pup. And Shepherds - once bitten twice shy. Finding activities that we can both do is a challenge as I work full time, an hour away from where he is (with my parents, I can't have pets where I am atm)Though, One of the best ways to tire him out is to change where we walk. I can't run so we walk. Watching him figure out that the thin plank of wood was the only way to get across the puddles in the bush was hilarious. He also bought Mum a baby, fledgling pigeon on Mothers Day. She wan't all that impressed. And it's not the first time. (Birdy is fine, a wildlife carer took it in, slobber and all)

Next time I will either go rescue or a proper breeder though. Tired of finding lumps and bumps and skin issues
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4