GO!

How disappointing

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 2:53pm PST 
I certainly agree with that last sentence!!! I think if you are going to be that way, minimally have the application on site as a way to establish yourself and move from there. He wasn't giving you a chance, and in a very unpleasant fashion....his loss!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 3:58pm PST 
Bam...does the last name begin with D????
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:33pm PST 
Oooo....dog fancy gossip, lol! big laugh
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:38pm PST 
If it does, the response BamBam got is NO SURPRISE to me, BOL!
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 5:26pm PST 
No, an F
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 7:53am PST 
When I was looking for a breeder dog I looked at websites, had a recommendation from someone on a poodle forum and got that one and one or two I had picked checked by a 3rd party (Toto). Then I went to a show where I hoped and yes my #1 pick was there so I was able to talk to one of the co-breeders in person.

Then I went home and put in my application and did e-mail communication. Other than seeing the one co-breeder at a couple shows all I ever did was e-mail until the weekend I went to get Jem.

I think meeting in person and having my friend that shows Goldens recommend me was enough for them to trust me.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 2:12pm PST 
I also have been corresponding for over a year with a Standard Poodle breeder through email. I told them way more than they probably wanted to know on my puppy applicationlaugh out loud They sent me an email telling me about their next planned breeding and when the puppies were due, then another when the puppies were born. As a matter of fact,they even sent me a link to their puppy photo album a couple of days ago. All this when they know I am not ready yetsmileIn addition to doing my own research, I have had this breeder website checked out by 2 knowlegable dogsters, so I know they are reputable and also exactly the type of breeder I am looking for. They in turn, are impressed that I put a CGN on a Chibig laugh Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the right time for me *sigh* In the meantime, I am living vicariously through Jewelwink
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 2:40pm PST 
Oh in that case Bunny on your lunch break Jem pulled your pant leg, yanked your hair and bit you on the cheek. Thank dog it wasn't me! laugh out loud
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 5:20pm PST 
laugh out loud Jewel, sounds like funbig grin
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 5:49am PST 
A lot of really good dog people are really bad people people. Yes, he should have been polite in his response, but I imagine a Frenchie person has even more of an issue with emails that don't go anywhere than most breeder given the growing popularity of Frenchies and the typically small number of pups in a litter.

Long waiting lists may be a problem with any good Frenchie breeder these days.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3