GO!

sheperd whining

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Koda

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 6:11pm PST 
I have a 6 year German shepherd who whines at our other dog who is 7 months old. It is like they are talking to each other and I am really curious what it means.
Our older shepherd was not vocal at all until we go the new dog.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Apr 14, '13 8:17pm PST 
GSDs are fairly vocal, and they have an amazing range of sound. Sabi whines when she's tracking, a low almost desperate sound that gets more pronounced as she closes in. She also whines at puppies but it is a lighter, higher pitched whine, usually when the are doing something she doesn't approve of. I would guess that your dog is irritated or annoyed.
[notify]