GO!

Calling all Designer Dogs/ Unique Combinations of dogs

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 52)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 9:23pm PST 
I've come across many unique mixes around here, although I doubt they were mixed on purpose, just random breedings of loose dogs.

I saw one once a while back that I thought for sure was a merle German Shepherd and then since that coloring doesn't exist in German Shepherds, I figured it was a German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd mix. But then I was informed of the existence of Harlequin Beauceron's, looked up photos of the breed, and am 90% sure it may have been a pure Beauceron(not 100% because I've not been back to the area I saw it in, so couldn't double check).

Then a few days ago, I saw the weirdest dog ever! It had a rat terrier size and shape, dark brindle on the back and legs, white socks, a puffy red patch on the top of its head and neck, and another puffy red patch near the tail. I have no clue which breeds contributed to the coloring, it was just so odd...thinking

There were several Great Dane/Lab/mystery mutt mixes in the town I used to live in. One was the most shiny black, regal looking dog I've ever seen in real life, very intimidating and beautiful.cloud 9

The weirdest combo I've seen has been a Basset Hound/Golden Retriever mix... laugh out loud
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 10:42pm PST 
A lot of the GSD/Huskies I see are weird looking. Short coats, sable or black/tan markings, and floppy ears. Some with blue eyes!

I have seen some weird looking ones but I saw the most beautiful, regal looking GSD husky puppy at the dog park the other day with a lovely disposition. It actually made me jealous not to have him lol. I also worked with one (puppy) at PetSmart but when it walked in I could've sworn it was a Shiloh Shepherd, it's no downplay to the shiloh shepherd as I find some of them very nice dogs but it was nothing compared to this pup at the park.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 52)  
1  2  3  4  5  6