GO!

Breed match for me

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 10:41am PST 
I know Belgians and Tervs who are wonderfully steady outgoing dogs. They are obedience and agility dogs. I think you would just need to find the right breeder.
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 3:16am PST 
I second GSP puppy

I forgot about them when making my suggestions...

They are amazing dogs! When I worked with sled dogs, the owners also bred GSPs, these dogs were fully trained gun dogs, sled dogs and they competed in agility puppy

Not to mention, they love a good snuggle and really bond with their owners puppy
[notify]
Riley SDit- CGC

75lb lap dog

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 11:27am PST 
Beauceron maybe?
[notify]

Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 2:48pm PST 
Newfoundland fits all your criteria...awesome dogs!
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 8:30pm PST 
All the newfies I have met have been too lazy for my taste LOL

I like beucerons, but dont have a ton of experience with them. I may look into them more.
[notify]
Howard

Tail Waggin'- Mutt

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 8:43pm PST 
How about a Dalmatian? The Dalmatian seems to be a pretty good fit for you.
[notify]
Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:46am PST 
Beucerons are a LOT of dog and are very protective in nature...NOT a friendly to all kind of dog.

Bernese Mountain Dogs are wonderful dogs that fit all your criteria. The Berners I know are Agility champs, therapy dogs and do carting.
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 1:32pm PST 
I should add that I want a dog who is longer lived than 7 years on average. I want the longest working life span as possible cry I don't think I could own a dog that lives so short of a life.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3