GO!

Breed Guess???

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 8:26am PST 
I am currently fostering this sweet girl who is 5 months old. What breeds do you see in her? I think I see Collie and Golden in herthinking
[notify]
Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 10:50am PST 
What do y'all think? The rescue has her listed as Collie/australian shepherd
[notify]
Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 11:08am PST 
When it's a mix, breed doesn't matter. It is what it is, and wrongful guesses may influence the perspective of the owner.

A mixed breed is just that. It's potential is a blank slate to be written on by it's shapers. It was accepted as a mixwhen it was adopted. I know a person who was told her pit bull was a lundehund. (rare breed.. looks absolutely NOTHING.. nada like a lundehund. What's the chances of that happening?) yet this person buys Lundehund gear, and points proudly at her pit bull telling EVERYONE it's a lundehiund, and everyone knows this person is cracked.. this is NOT a lundhund.. not even close. It's like saying a Dachshund is a great Dane.

Rather than make fools of people because someone somewhere assigned a breed tag to some poor mix.. why not just call it what it is.. a mixed breed?

Just a big bundle of love waiting for an owner match to faithfully love and serve as a companion for the remainder of it's days? This appears to be a purebred plain brown dog in the yellowish wrapper variety. It is to be cherished.
[notify]

Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 12:39pm PST 
"A mixed breed is just that. It's potential is a blank slate to be written on by it's shapers"

If it is a direct mix between two breeds then OF COURSE breed matters. IF breed DIDNT matter and dogs were all blank slates then we wouldnt HAVE breeds in the first place! A Pit Bull cross puppy will act differently from a Collie cross puppy.. Realistically, someone with a Pittie cross is more likely to experience DA issues and should be careful of that, where-as a Collie cross would probably be more likely to nip... Because of breed tendencies. Just because it is crossed with something doesnt mean that those genes that have some control over temperament cease to matter.

As well as that.. People just like to know. The amount of people that will make guesses over a mixed breed is huge, I think by nature us humans like to know what things are, what they are mixed with etc.

Deia, whatever she is, shes beautiful smile. Not sure on breed.. Collie/Golden may be most likely!
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 5:55pm PST 
She is adorable!

How much does she weigh and what color is the pups tongue?
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 8:31pm PST 
Think I know why Selli asked that, lol Looks like a Chow mix to me.
[notify]
Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 7:51am PST 
She weighs about 20 lbs and her tongue is a normal pink color. I did not even think of chow but now that you said it, I feel like I can see that in her face. We call her a lion cause she kind of looks like one.
[notify]
Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:56pm PST 
What ever breeds she is mixed with she is sure to get adopted, she is the sweetest dog and has a great disposition she is calm for a puppysmile way to go
[notify]