GO!

Any suggestions for a breed for a cat person?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4  
Keeva

My name is- Gaelic for- "Gentle"

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 7:05pm PST 
I too am a cat person. My husband said I needed a dog. My little Coton de Tulear fits the bill! Check them out. So cuddly and lovable. Ours is now a year old. We can leave her in the house alone with no problems. Also....she housetrained herself with a bell I hung by our back door in 3 days at the age of 8 weeks! They are smart, funny, do not require a lot of excercise, they have hair and don't shed and I swear ours acts like a cat most of the time. Good luck to you!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 11:45pm PST 
Thanks Keeva. I'm looking them up now. Turns out there are like 3 breeders within about two hours of my house.
[notify]
Willow

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 2:49pm PST 
Whippets are great dogs, mine is cuddly but not overly so, likes to exercise but is fine if she doesn't and not much shedding. The only thing is you would have to socialize your Whippet a lot from a young age with cats so they would think of them as a friend and not prey.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 1:13am PST 
Willow, are whippets pretty good about generalizing cat acceptance to all cats? Or say, if you add a new cat to the mix, are you going to have to lay down the law again?
[notify]
Willow

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 3:37am PST 
I think once you got your Whippet use to cats it would be fine with all cats.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4