GO!

Help! Driving with Pit Bull mix through BSL state.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Henry Miller

He's a tramp,- but they love- him!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 4:12pm PST 
Hey guys,
My friend just posted this on her facebook page and she isn't getting any helpful info. I have no idea what to tell her. Do you guys know?

"Does anyone have experience driving through states with BSL while with your dog? I know Denver is terrible and they will take your pibble, but almost all the states I will have to drive through on I-40, have some towns with BSL (TN, AR, OK) and I can't map every single town. I know I would lose it if one of these places confiscated and killed Drala. None of the pitbull threads say how to find out about each state/town. Humane Society, maybe? Help!"
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 4:54pm PST 
As far as I am aware.. OK has no BSL... (unless something has changed very recently)

The idiot who tried to introduce the Bill got smacked down rather hard,,,smiles.

There are a few cities.. and it isnt legal as it wasnt passed and their own city laws dont . That however wont stop some "jobsworth" human.

The rest I cant vouch for..... I do know not all of CO has.. as there are people on this site living in CO with Pitties.

Maybe if you friend does more search it will give her a clearer answer.. and not just on the Pit forums.

Hopefully others with more and better knowledge will comment.

I also know I got a slew of results just putting it into Search and yes.. some conflict.

Edited by author Fri Feb 15, '13 4:59pm PST

[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 12:07pm PST 
Something slightly under-handed but also potentially life-saving...do you know any vets and ideally someone in law enforcement as well that might give you documentation that your dog is NOT even slightly a "pit bull"? Even an official statement from a sympathetic vet might make alot of difference if you can't avoid BSL areas.
In general wherever you live it's safer to keep the words "pit bull", "bull" or APBT off any documentation or registration records anyway. Paws crossed.
[notify]

Wilbur

Can I bite your- toes?

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 8:12am PST 
I travel a lot with my wolfdogs and some of my trips have taken me thru illegal areas. I have made it a point to always carry their rabies certificates with me that state they are Alaskan Malamutes (for my boys) and German Shepherd (for my girl). Being well versed in dog traits vs wolf traits and my guys being wolfDOG crosses- they have enough dog traits to slap anyone that wants to argue with me in the face. wink
[notify]