GO!

Registered Name help

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 11:57am PST 
Hi all, I'm getting a puppy and just found out the theme for the litter is "awards". Anyone got any ideas? The kennel name is 8 letters so that leaves 22 letters to play with.
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 12:02pm PST 
What's the sex and call name?
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 12:06pm PST 
Female and "Jem".
[notify]

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 8:30am PST 
I have had luck before just typing the word in google.

There is all the types of entertainment awards - golden globe, etc. It might be neat to google 'award in quotes' to find a phrase with the word.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 12:25am PST 
The first thing that comes to mind is "Kennel Name's Roll Out The Red Carpet" or something along those lines...

What about choosing your favorite "Best Picture" movie and using that or a variation of that? Or an award winning song?
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 1:39am PST 
Genesis or Eclipse, for those that may be less guessed. Genesis being the annual awards for strides made for humane awareness, Eclipse is for racehorses. Both are pretty hot looking in a registered name, IMO wink
[notify]
Leia

The Cowardly- Lion - I'll find my- courage

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 8:52am PST 
Can I just say, I LOVE Rexy's suggestion. Another one to play with, if you wanted to play off the call name - "Kennel name's Hidden Gem in Hollywood" (only slightly related to the theme, though...) or maybe something like "Kennel name's Pomp and Circumstance." Hmmm, maybe "Kennel name's On a Pedestal"? or "Kennel name's Academy's Choice"? "Kennel name's Go for Gold"?

Sorry to throw so many out there, I'm sure they're no good. I just love naming!
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 10:38am PST 
Aha, Jewel and Gem, I love family themes, as you might have guessed from Holmes and Watson. And bets on what my next Golden may be named?

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for registered names, perhaps something with "Starlet?" lol
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 8:09am PST 
Okay well so far I have "Emerging Artist" and "Red Carpet Walk". thinking I like Emerging Artist because Jem's going to be my first "serious" sport dog, not that I'm trying for the national team but that I'm raising her from a puppy to do sports where as I got Jewel from a shelter and then desided to try sports.

I like "Red Carpet Walk" because it just sounds sassy. laugh out loud I believe I need to have three names or name variations to put on the form in case the CKC rejects my first pick for some reason.
[notify]
Shane DEC- '08-JAN '12- RIP

In dreams I walk- with you..

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 9:13am PST 
(Kennel name's) Lil' Razzie big laugh
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2