GO!

Westminster tonight!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 67)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 10:07pm PST 
Oh, you were so lucky, Moose!!!! They were so good back then cloud 9 Hatter definitely singular in terms of of who he was, but because he was just perfection....all their dogs back then had such lovely characters. Now I am jealous! wink

I fully admit to being a Hatter groupie laugh out loud, but the amazing thing is how unalone I am on that still, all these years later. He remains to this day larger than life. I still get chills also. What a truly magnificent animal.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 8:53am PST 
GSD Breed Ring: One Man's Love Affair With the Collapsed Hock

In stores now. Pick up your copy today.

ETA: I preferred the male who took OS. I strongly dislike the kennel from which the Best bitch came from. Exactly everything I hate in these bloodlines.

Edited by author Fri Feb 15, '13 8:59am PST

[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 9:31am PST 
I found this and it really explains the fronts on Goldens, as well as the rest of their stucture well. Just hit the link, then go to the PDF. Flattie fronts are similar.
[notify]

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 9:55am PST 
Extended Australian Golden Retriever Breed Standard
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:07am PST 
I love efforts like that, Wat! I think every breed club should have one; anything further to educate on form-to-function is priceless and really helps train the eye. I myself was a little hopeless until I got around horses in a deep way, and then I really was able to see it more vividly. That includes all types of gait differences and longterm soundness issues.

Fronts are extremely hard to correct and have so much to do with locomotion. Goldens are a breed that seem to be sort of wafting right now. Not Goldens, but HERE is an interesting study....you can enlarge the pics and if you do so with Kobuch, who in his day was probably the top Giant anywhere, vs Dreamer, you can see some dynamic differences, even if both are gorgeous wink There's a big difference between a beautiful dog and one who epitomizes form-to-function.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:49am PST 
Enormous difference. I am just starting to learn about fronts, better with the other end, lol! big grin And I am okay at Golden gaits. That Golden was sort of paddle-footed, as well.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 11:06am PST 
I saw a benched show in Detroit many years ago, and it was wonderful. Don't know if I there are any more besides Westminster now. I went to the AKC Eukanuba National in Orlando at the end of December and the Meet the Breeds was absolutely fascinating!

Hope to go next year, too. And of course, I'd like to go to a Golden National Specialty, lol.
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 67)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7