GO!

*****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 11 of 16: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  
Rufus

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 8:42am PST 
What in the world is all those links about, lol. Anyone had any new experiance with this company, I saw they have a ripoff report now to, wth.... http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/keystone-puppies/mount-joy-pennsylvani a-17552/keystone-puppies-and-john-and-thelma-blank-breeders-in-bird- in-hand-pennsylvania-sold-me-1081724
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 11:42am PST 
Zombie, are you for real?!? You have got to be kidding me... I think that YOU are here go one who needs to get their facts checked. Please, visit www.thepuppymillproject.org to find out the truth about mills, and Amish mills. I don't hate the Amish, I understand that they are a large group and not all run mills, but many do. The truth is any dog sold from a broker or pet store is NOT from a good breeder, and has a huge potential to have all kinds of health and temperament problems. Also, the USDA absolutely licenses puppy mills, being USDA licensed is NOT a sign of quality or care. They require the bare minimum of care to meet their specifications.
[notify]
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 12:19pm PST 
Oh dear, Zombie. silenced

Thought I'd bump this thread up and give it an extra posting. There is some information here that is very important.
[notify]

Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 1:34pm PST 
Zombie, most people here on dogster agree on 3 criteria for a good breeder. A good breeder:

1. health tests their breeding stock for generations

2. titles their dogs in some appropriate venue ( ie: dock diving for
retrievers, sledding for draft dogs, therapy work for companion dogs)

3. shows their dogs

Some may overlook the last one but the majority on dogster are going to agree with the first two. Unless Zombie fits the criteria, no one here is going to agree with you about what a wonderful place he came from. I am sure he is a wonderful dog, howeversmile
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 1:36pm PST 
Zombie is trolling guys, forget it! wink
[notify]
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 2:19pm PST 
Bunny, don't forget that a good breeder keeps track of their puppies, and will always take them back if the owners for whatever reason can't keep them, even if it's years later. Pet stores and commercial breeders do not fit this description. No matter how well they may take care of their dogs, if they don't do this, they're not responsible in my book.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 2:35pm PST 
Good point, CJway to go
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 3:28pm PST 
But Missy, sometimes it's so much fun to poke the trolls! party
[notify]
Brigantia - CGC CGCA

The Baby Bear

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 3:58pm PST 
Zombie gave me the best laugh I've had all day!

Bunny put it very, very well. Perhaps spending ridiculous amounts of money on dogs that are ill-bred and improperly cared for is okay in some people's books but not mine. I will stick to my snobbery when it comes to where my pups come from. Rescue or excellent breeder, but not a puppy mill.
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 4:55pm PST 
I am amazed at the ignorance of some people! I think people need to research things for themselves and not be sheep.

*facepalm*

Oh the hypocrisy. Perhaps someone needs to take their own advice?
[notify]
  (Page 11 of 16: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16