GO!

Loving a breeder, but not necessarily their breed?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Bonnie Lass- -in loving- memory-

This is soft,- I'm sure I'll- fit on it!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 8:42pm PST 
Who is this westie breeder you speak of? laugh out loud

I think I have my breeder all picked out if I got that route again but I'd love to check out any other stand outs!

I'm getting very close to needing to decide on the next breed for me and it's killing me! Such an important decision and I'm having such a tough time with it confused
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 12:53pm PST 
Bonnie- its Duntrune Westies.

There's not a lot of info on their site, but some nice pics of their dogs. Local KC is super in love with them, which is why I was able to find anything out at all laugh out loud
[notify]
Edward

Edward - Sweet to the- core

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 5:04pm PST 
There was a breeder with another breed whom I admired quite a bit who became an important mentor to me. For me it didn't matter that she had another breed - I learned so much from her. We went to shows and shared a tent, she handled my first clumber for me, and I took handling and general training lessons from her. It probably actually worked better as a mentorship because she had a different breed (another sporting breed). She would put a conformation title on her dogs and then put them through all their hunt titles, and then go on to do obedience and agility with her dogs. And she was so inspiring in her health testing and awareness. She not only did OFA and other testing on her breeding stock, she had all her puppies tested (even the ones who were "just pets"). She wanted all the health information she could get and felt you needed it on all available data points so to speak. She wanted sound, good tempered, working dogs with great conformation. She is everything I look up to in a breeder and trainer and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from her.
[notify]

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 10:18am PST 
Funny, there are some Flattie breeders whom I really respect. I was previously interested in a Flattie after my next Golden, but ruled them out due to their tendency toward cancer at a young age. Still quite impressed by a few breeders who do "everything" with their dogs.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2