GO!

Large Breed Suggestions

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4  
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Tue Sep 10, '13 1:46pm PST 
I'd say a chinook. One thing that concerns me is that you would like a dog that can be trusted off leash witht proper training. Chinooks have husky lineage, and while Delta is a good learner, it varies from dog to dog.

The longest that Delta has ever hiked was 5 miles! I would reccomend that you don't go on strenuous hikes with an older dog or a puppy of any breed, mainly large breeds. The best hiking partners are dogs between 2 and 7 years of age, in good shape, and have been slowly acclimated. Ask your vet for further advice.

They are trustworthy with other pets, although, again, this differs from dog to dog.

As for breeders, I'd reccomend Rain Mountain, Brownstone or Great Mountain. If I get another chinook, I'd go to Brownstone first.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4