GO!

Expected Size?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:31pm PST 
I thought aussie mix when I saw him at first too. thinking They could be off about the age, they don't have the whole litter just him. He's from up North which around here means Rez dog.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:54pm PST 
Does he have his puppy teeth?

ETA: Toto is def someone to listen to. She has raised several breeds of different sizes. She'll have the gut for this sort of stuff!

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 12:55pm PST

[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 1:09pm PST 
No idea about his teeth. And I always listen to Toto, she has Oodles of Poodles!! cloud 9

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 1:10pm PST

[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 1:43pm PST 
AND, Jewel, you could have had Pinki Poo, but you vacillated too much!!!!smilesmile
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 2:05pm PST 
I know, I do that about every possible second dog. I'm very nervous about having two dogs and want to make sure I get the right one. frown
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:03pm PST 
Interestingly enough, we just had a new lab puppy come in to board. He is EXACTLY, to the day, one month younger than Quincy, (he is five months, Quincy is 6 months), and he is close to half the size of Quincy, he weighs about 24 lbs. He is from much the same lines as Quincy and most likely will also end up at around 80 lbs.
One thing I look for is bone as compared to body size and this cutie guy of yours looks to have pretty heavy bone. Heavy bone usually ends up bigger overall.
I would also like to point out that NONE of my poodles, even the toys, have ever had any issues with the labs and their size, so.............it could work with Jewel no matter his size!!
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 6:24pm PST 
Oh! Are you thinking of him? Didn't realize....I thought it was more of a foster type question. I've raised Cockers around the Giants, they look like little potatoes next to them laugh out loud I never have had a problem. Size contrast doesn't need to be much a big deal.

At some point, you need to release your intellect to your gut feeling. I know this can be hard as you need to get it "right"....not only for the two meshing well, but for your sport pursuits. You've thought a lot, though, so trust that and don't over deliberate. I helped Bianca along after Ginger passed.....I have never seen someone think so much in my life laugh out loud Like an intellectual tango wink I guess people sometimes are that way. Maybe she'll join in and can help as to what helped lead her to a decision.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:17pm PST 
Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and will guess German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd mix! He really does look like my past Aussie mix, Bruno, just a bit heavier set...thinking
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:41am PST 
Yes Tiller I just last week got an update from my CKC zone rep with the news that they have put together a committee to come back at the NEXT meeting with a plan to bring mixed dogs into CKC sports. Which opens things up for me.

It probably won't be this guy as the rescue he is with is having an adoption event this weekend that I will be unable to go to.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:44am PST 
Size is something I worry about because Jewel doesn't like large dogs. I don't know if something happened in her past or what but she won't let either of the current fosters on the bed, she won't play with them and she will bite them on the face if they get too close. I also worry about her getting stepped on as we have had some close calls with Jettsen who is an adult so a puppy would make me even more nervous.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3