GO!

Expected Size?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 9:28am PST 
I don't know much about puppies can someone help me figure out how big this dog might get? He's about 5 months old and 25lbs.

Zeplin
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 10:09am PST 
It's a very rough rule, but doubling weight at four months of age is a decent loose gauge.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:02am PST 
So we could guess between 40 - 50 lbs. Hmmmm. thinking
[notify]

Quincy

We don't doodle!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:10am PST 
Jewel, that is exactly the size and weight of my labs at five months and they end up at 65 - 70 lbs.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:22am PST 
Labs fill out. Giants mature slow...both mine were only 35 lbs or so at four months and Tiller weighs 105 lbs now. So it really depends. GSDs come in at...average...like 30-38 lbs. They were bigger than my Giants at four months, smaller at maturity, but also mature faster.

Rescue mixes are mysteries laugh out loud

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 11:23am PST

[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:56am PST 
Alright let's turn this into a breed guess then. They have him listed as a Bernie mix but I googled Bernie puppy weights and he's way low unless mixed with something smaller.

Zeplin body

Zeplin with a mastiff
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:19pm PST 
Looks like a collie/shep of some kind. Maybe Aussie? Not Berner though....I don't see that. I look at that and guesstimate 65-70 lbs? Just a guess laugh out loud Southpaws had a presumed Pyr mix who grew up to look like a Golden mix and was no more than medium sized. She was a huge puppy, though wink

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 12:21pm PST

[notify]
Quincy

We don't doodle!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:19pm PST 
Aussie mix???
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:21pm PST 
Hey! Two minds think alike laugh out loud
[notify]
Chester (The- Mad Little- Turnip

Tag.....I'm It!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:25pm PST 
Looks to me bigger than a Aussie would be at 5 mos. Maybe ask an Aussie person if his size looks bigger than the norm at that age? My GSD experience makes him look to me approximately what they'd be at that age. Maybe a little smaller, but more in the range. I am posting as Ches as there is a pic of him playing with a 5 mo Aussie puppy. Registered, so presumed purebred.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3