GO!

How about putting some effort into choosing a dog? A rant.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4  
Abner

Basset Hound- with a Flatty- suit on

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 9:25pm PST 
Trigger, thank you. I thought there was no way it could be true, but puppies really are not my forte, so I had to ask.

I don't know how to talk to her again. She has no idea what she's doing with this dog. I don't want anything to happen to the puppy. I have a really hard time just giving up on the dog. Conversely, I don't wish to speak to her at all right now. I was supposed to buy her Christmas present today and I just said 'forget it.' I don't know how to make her see that
1. What she thinks she knows is wrong
2. Whether she had been right or not, it doesn't matter! She doesn't even care enough about the dog's quality of life to look into it before BAM, puppy.

She's not abusing it, she's just being a crummy animal owner. Argh.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4