GO!

The Min Pin

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Cocoa Loco

Fastest tongue- in the west

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 8:01pm PST 
I am half Min Pin and I am a great little dog. I'll bet he is too. Give it a shot, poor little guy needs a chance and I am sure he is a nice little dog.

I was hard to house break, but I have it now. I don't bark all of the time although I will bark when I see something that needs barking at. I can move like greased lightening, but also love to cuddle up for a nap on something soft, especially if I can get under a cover or blanket.
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 8:29am PST 
One of my good friends has a Min Pin, he's about 5 or 6 years old now. He is naturally yappy, definitely a good little watch dog. In fact, he's a better watchdog than their other dog- a 140 lb Rottweiler. laugh out loud

He is smart, quick, and TOTALLY a velcro dog. Has to be with his owner 24/7 and cannot get close enough to her- a total snuggler. He is a bit snappy with strangers and does not tolerate any rough handling, noisy kids, or big dogs that play too rough. Years, ago, my boyfriend at the time picked him up and put his face right in his, and he nipped my boyfriend right on the nose (that'll teach him!)

He is also from a pet store or BYB I believe, so I'm sure his breeding is less-than-stellar.

Edited by author Thu Dec 13, '12 8:32am PST

[notify]
Hailie

Hey leave my- family ALONE!

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 10:01am PST 
I am caring for a friend's female min pin and she can be a pain in the rump. If you are a stranger in Diamond's house she will bark her head off at you for an hour. Once she comes up and gets to know you then you are fine. She does have crazy high energy but she is a love. After racing around with my friend's other dogs Psycho a higher energy Boston Terrier and their two pups Garnet and Blaze for a while she will settle down and burrow under a blanket that is thrown over the couch to keep the dog hair off.And that is where Diamond stays for hours. She is easy to work with and will go potty outside. She would rather sleep all day than run after things. And she has a good recall for a small dog who has iffy training
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2