GO!

Weimaraners

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Zoey

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 10:53am PST 
Within in the next year I am hoping to get a third dog. I have my heart set on a Weim, and was hoping someone on here would know of a good breeder or be able to help me find a good breeder. I live in MN. I also am interested in either getting a blue or a longhair.
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 1:47pm PST 
The best place to find a breeder in your area is to contact someone from the Weimeraner Club of America. As for blue Weims, I do not think that any reputable breeder breeds for blue, so I am not sure how likely it is to find a qualitly breeder of blue Weims.
[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 4:14pm PST 
Thank you. I have looked there but all of the breeders I have contacted are either not breeding anymore or do not contact me back.I will try talking to some more breeders, or the breed club director. I forgot that Blue and Long hair are disqualifications so I will stick with Silver/gray.
[notify]

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 5:06pm PST 
Longhaired Weims are only a disqualification in the AKC. Every other country and breed club accepts them. It is a recessive gene that sometimes pops up. With the blues, there is some question of their hertiage so breeding for blues is frowned upon by the breed clubs.
Keep trying with the breed club or even a local all breed kennel club. Someone should be able to set you in the right direction.

Edited by author Sat Nov 10, '12 5:07pm PST

[notify]