GO!

Depressed--my search may be over before it starts

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 6:15pm PST 
Buster--all the dogs I have had a reaction to were older than 2 years old. As far as I can tell, it's not anything about the skin or the hair. It's the saliva. I did not even know that could be the problem. I guess it's possible I am reacting to what the dogs were eating, but I think that's a long shot.

I am meeting with my doctor this Friday to see if she has any ideas, and to get a referral to an allergist. It is my understanding that if an allergy appears suddenly, early treatment (ie shots) is most effective.

We were planning on meeting some French Spaniels next. Who knows, maybe that will go better for me.

Thank you all for your advice and support--I appreciate it.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 7:21am PST 
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you might be allergic to something the dogs ate.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2