GO!

What do you think of this breeder?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 1:06pm PST 
Because I only lost Rocky two days ago, I am not yet ready to add another dog to my life but I know that, given time, I will.

I have been talking to a breeder for a while now and finally put my name down for a puppy. I won't get her (I want a girl) for another year but in my opinion, that's a good thing. It gives me time to come to terms with the loss of Rocky and ready myself for puppyhood again.

I needed a breed that could keep up with my mad Border Collie, Dexter but was not another Collie. And ever since I was a little girl, I have loved Dalmatians. So, I get my puppy next Christmas puppy

I take Dexter out for three hours a day anyway so energy levels aren't an issue and I have already done my research into Dalmatians and I think the breed is perfect.

Have a look and let me know what you think:
Www.dalamanti.co.uk

The two parents that are going to be bred are Shulune Ice Phantom of Dalmanti (Diesel) and Marricdale the Gold Digger of Dalmanti (Chelsea).

I think my puppy will be beautiful and I am very excited but I wanted a few more opinions puppy

Thank you in advance.

Edited by author Sun Oct 28, '12 2:23pm PST

[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 1:18pm PST 
I'm not sure what health concerns there are with Dals besides BAER testing. Should the parents be tested for hip dysplasia or knees or other things?

I'd like to see the lines of the parents, this can give you an idea of any inbreeding or linebreeding as well as longevity.

I'd like to find out information about their puppy-raising methods.

In addition, are you up to providing a low purine diet for life?

Nice that she does agility as well as conformation with her dogs, it's always nice to see function as well as form.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 1:25pm PST 
The breeder sent me the puppies full lineage and it looks perfect.

As for the hip testing, she also said that all her dogs score good but she doesn't always get her puppies tested, but if I wanted, she would get my puppy tested and I can make the decision after she gets the pup tested.

I am going down to visit the parents in a couple of months to see what they are like and the breeder is more than willing to help me start showing my puppy, which is nice as I've always wanted to see what I would be like within that world puppy
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 1:39pm PST 
Sorry, I didn't answer your other question...

The breeder told me all about their dietary requirements and sent me a lot of information. I am more than willing to take on the specific requirements and I think Dexter will appreciate a bit more effort being put into his meals lol.
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 1:47pm PST 
Just curious what type of hip testing would this breeder do on a puppy? X-rays are not reliable in young puppies/dogs and Penn-hip is not reliable until at least 16 weeks.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 2:07pm PST 
The parents are all hip tested and she says that there is an early test on the puppies that she could have done, but it is not a must and doesn't really stand for much.

She gave me a lot of information on getting the puppy hip and eye tested when it is a bit older. If the puppy was found to have hip problems, the breeder will offer me a full refund if I don't want to keep the puppy.

She gave me the name of the early hip test. I will ask her to email it to me as she told me over the phone and I cannot, for the life of me, remember what she called it.
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 2:13pm PST 
Man oh man, what gorgeous dogs!

I haven't looked thoroughly through the website or found anything not otherwise mentioned regarding health testing. From what IS written, it looks like a great breeder. Of course, ask plenty of questions and make sure she asks you many as well. Congrats on finding a breed thats suitable, and for doing your research regarding a good breeder.

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your dog too. It took me 2.5 months to get another dog after loosing mine, but I knew right away that I needed to have another.
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 2:30pm PST 
They look good but I thought hips couldn't be scored until a year shrug.

Have you considered Tyrodal? They were the original importers of dals with the NUA gene and she's very passionate about the breed
http://www.tyrodal.co.uk/

Edited by author Sun Oct 28, '12 2:37pm PST

[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 2:35pm PST 
I find it a little odd that she doesn't display the hip score results on the dogs individual pages. Have you actually seen the results first hand? I've seen other Dalmatian breeders that elbow score too. Does this breeder? I'm also not aware of any hip scoring that can be done on puppies. I'm interested in what she means by that.

I personally wouldn't want a Dalmatian puppy that wasn't the result of a at least one parent having the Normal Uric Acid gene. Tyrodal are the best Dal breeders out there IMO.

Edited by author Sun Oct 28, '12 2:37pm PST

[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 2:41pm PST 
No hip scores come up for Chelsea or Diesel on the KC health test finder site shrug.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3