GO!

Have a mixed breed and know its parents?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4  
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 2:29pm PST 
One parent was a black lab, and the other was a mini Aussie.
[notify]
Ginger- (1990-2007)

I was a good- girl

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 6:02pm PST 
My first dog Ginger was a Labrador Retriever/Redtick Coonhound mix. She was born on a farm, and the puppies were given away for free.

Also, Bella and Hagrid are Pug/Cocker Spaniel mixes...strange but true.
[notify]
Wilbur

Can I bite your- toes?

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 4:44pm PST 
I know both of Wilburs and Reagans parents.

Wilbur's mom and dad have only had one litter and I have been able to keep in touch with all of his siblings owners and watch them grow. His mom is a high content wolfdog with a smidgen of Malamute and his dad is mostly husky/GSD with a little bit of wolf. The variation in the litter (4 pups) is really interesting!!!

Wilbur and his siblings

Reagan is a rescue, but I do know her parents. Unfortunately she has many siblings from over the years of her parents being bred. Her mom is a GSD/wolf mix and her dad is a Malamute/Wolf mix. The variations in her siblings have been amazing ranging from very doggy looking siblings (with either a more malamute or more GSD influence) to fairly wolfy looking siblings.

Edited by author Mon Jan 7, '13 4:47pm PST

[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 10:29pm PST 
Geez! Looks like all the wolf in the family went into his black brother/sister! What amazing variety!
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 7:22am PST 
Beautiful dogs, Wilbur cloud 9 Is Reagan the black kinda coloured one?

Reminds me a little of this gorgeous girl, who i have posted about before in another discussion thread -

Summer

She is a GSD x Inuit and isn't she just stunning? cloud 9
[notify]
Wilbur

Can I bite your- toes?

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 12:37pm PST 
Jackson,

Yes, she ended up to be a fairly wolfy girl! The TL picture is Wilbur's sister, TR is his brother, BL (the blackphase) is his sister and then BR is him! It's really neat seeing the traits that ended up being more doggy or wolfy on each of the siblings. wink

Tyler,

She is beautiful! They do have similar colors!!! smile

This is Reagan! She is not related to Wilbur.
Reagan
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 3:21pm PST 
Ah, i knew she was darker coloured Wilbur. She's gorgeous! way to go
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4