GO!

Have a mixed breed and know its parents?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 3:45pm PST 
Kip and Oogie: Buddy (the pup) had a medium, dense coat, much like a shiba. He was tan like his mum, all over, with erect ears, and he was tall, taller than either parent. He had a spitz tail. There was another pup that looked like the dad but it was still born, I believe it was an albino (I never saw it, these were my neighbour's dogs.) How Buddy turned out was so odd. He was a full on dog and I remember swinging him around by the teeth on his tug when I was a kid and him not letting go. he must have weighed about 20 lbs! Genetics are so weird. And I remember the father and seeing the 'deed' so I know he was the dad, lol.
[notify]
Hadley

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 10:13pm PST 
I have a good one for you!

This beautiful sheltie: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/Hadley and the pups/226607_192610984118789_100001096668132_467065_4743841_n.jpg

Produced these babies:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/Lily Magnolia/lily-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ci ccone18/Theodore AKA Theo/DSC05054.jpg

Would you believe it?? I wouldn't if I hadn't seen it. We rescued our Sheltie pregnant from a bad situation so we aren't sure who dad was, but this was her stud: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/2010July4thDo g-2.jpg

DNA showed half sheltie/half cavalier king charles mix and in the mix was Chinese Crested which the pups favor.

Edited by author Sun Dec 16, '12 10:13pm PST

[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 3:25am PST 
JT:
A lot of people have asked me if she's ACD mix because she's got some ticking on her chest and feet. But really, I haven't seen ACD in her much.
I'm wondering though if someone in that area has been breeding farm type dogs and just ditching the ones that aren't up to their standards..or simply not confining them properly. shrug

Either way, Elsie was adopted yesterday!! cheercheer
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 6:43am PST 
Jewel's an SPCA dog but her mother was turned in at the same time so I got to see her and I guess the owner was "known" to the SPCA because they were pretty confident when they told me about Jewel's father. Her mom was a white & grey poodle/shih-tzu mix, they say her dad is a black toy poodle. He was also the father of Jewel's puppies. silenced So Jewel is 3/4 poodle 1/4 shih-tzu if they're right.

Here's her puppies

Male

female #1

female #2

Shih-tzu face

Poodle face
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:04am PST 
I am caring for two min pin Boston Terrier pups and had someone at the vet the other day ask if 9 pound 8 ounce Garnet was a baby pit bull. I was trying not to laugh when I said "uh no she is a half Boston Terrier half min pin." Now when it comes to Tank I have seen his mom who is a German Shepherd and his dad we were told was his moms former owners black lab. He looks more lab than shepherd but he weighs 70 pounds and is 11 months old.
[notify]
frodo

if you hide, I- will find you!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 4:27pm PST 
my mom was a beagle
daddy was a brittney
[notify]
Auda abu- Tayi

squirrel??!!?

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 3:36am PST 
Dad was a pure bred British rough coated Jack Russell terrier, Mom was a Italian Greyhound, Jack Russell cross.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 8:42am PST 
Lucille's sire is an AKC Airedale, dam AKC standard poodle, out of an oops litter. Most people familiar with Dales ask if she is a black Airedale, especially if she's in a Dale hunt clip. That's the more common guess because I'm around terrier people a lot. People more familiar with Spoos ask if she's a Spoo or a poodle mix, especially if she's in a longer coat but all the same length. Her coat is curly but also has some of the wire hair I'm used to in Airedales. I know both sire and dam, Lu's got some temperament traits of each that I can readily spot. It sounds like a crazy mix at first, but she's very even tempered. High drive but with a great off switch in the house. Her health so far is good, but she's fairly young. Sire and dam had good hips, not sure yet if Lu will be as lucky in that regard. Before I start anything more strenuous than what we've been doing, I'll probably have her evaluated. She's super smart and a joy to work and train with, best travelling dog companion I've ever had, too.
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 3:52pm PST 
Hadley - The pups look crossed with Shih Tzu to me. I mean, without a doubt.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 2:26pm PST 
I only wish I knew what Ace's breeds are or what her parents looked like. I can only guess.

I lean toward her breed mix being fairly limited as opposed to being a Heinz 57 mutt because of her size and some breed specific characteristics, but I can only guess.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4