GO!

High Energy Breed for College Student

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 52)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 8:42pm PST 
It sounds like you've got the time and energy for a "city" border collie . . .

If you're a committed dog lover and go, go, go type of person, don't let being a college student or apartment dweller stop you.

Another consideration for a frisbee minded dog would be Australian Cattle dog . . .
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 9:42pm PST 
Dexter, just to clarify I never said that they didn't take work, All border collies take work. And you can turn Any breed of dog into a monster if you don't raise them correctly. But on the same hand border collies can be raised to be good in the house as well as other breeds.

OP if you're still following this... just to keep in mind a lot of the reasons many Border collies end up in rescue is because their first homes have made a wreck of raising them. A good rescue can troubleshoot this, but at the same time a good rescue might be really skeptical of putting a border collie in a situation with a collage student.

I live in a house with Five working line border collies, and don't have a problem... but they Aren't a breed I recommend. They can be intense, pushy, and have a lot of problems when not given the time and attention that they need and deserve. They take a delicate hand, and require structure when you're raising them... but I think that can be said of almost any breed.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 52)  
1  2  3  4  5  6