GO!

Who doesn't have dog preferences?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Niki

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 7:56am PST 
The recent dogster post about the Chinese Crested got me thinking .... why do we have to praise all dogs as being beautiful?

I don't think every dog is equally cute or pretty. Doesn't mean I don't like them or that they aren't great dogs. And I would never say that to the owner or even online to another person. But I won't get offended if someone were to think my dogs aren't beautiful.

Realistically, most people don't love the appearance of every dog. One thing I love about dogs is the diversity of breeds - in function and form!

(.... but no one is going to force me to call every goopy-eyed, rumpled faced, dog adorable wink)
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 8:10am PST 
I prefer big dogs...and what I call small is in reality more like medium sized. I don't care for "delicate." I was once very taken by some sort of pommy/peke little waddler, but prefer a dog that is more fieldy. Both my "little" ones (cocker and Corgi mix) are very athletic and love to run with the big pups.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 8:12am PST 
Looks are just a bonus to me, temperament is paramount.

While i understand people have certain preferences for different breeds/sizes of dogs, i've never understood the posts where people call certain dogs "ugly" or belittling names. A dog is a dog and as a dog lover i find ALL dogs attractive in their own rights.
[notify]

Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 8:49am PST 
I think everyone finds some dogs more aesthetically pleasing to look at than others... As long as one is mindful of others' feelings there's nothing wrong with that.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 1:55pm PST 
I've heard people(actually, only my sister-in-law), call Charlie an ugly dog. She doesn't like Beagles. Whereas, I think hounds are absolutely gorgeous. I think every dog is aesthetically pleasing in their own ways.
[notify]
Harvey

Design jewelry,- not dogs!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 2:55pm PST 
Nikki.... are you sayin' I'm not beautiful????crycry
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 6:44pm PST 
Not at all Harvey! Chinese crested are a neat breed and I do love Xolos!

What I don't like are dog breeds that have exaggerated features, especially breathing problems. Health and beauty are intrinsically related in our minds. .... I just don't know why we can't admit some dogs are homely, it doesn't mean they don't deserve a good home.
[notify]
Ch. Jones NY

Design Jewelry,- not dogs!!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 8:14pm PST 
Ah ha, so I am the ugly one??? big grin
[notify]
Wufei

I'm not a boy,- I'm a real dog!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 10:14pm PST 
laugh out loud BOL, Harvey and Jones! You guys just made my day! laugh out loud
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 10:42pm PST 
'exaggerated features' include too long hair, too short hair, curly hair, no hair, huge dogs, tiny dogs, barrel chests, roach backs, long muzzle, short muzzle.. well, just about anything which is a deviation from the pariah types, dingos, and wolves..
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5