GO!

Neighbor's Dog

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 8:01pm PST 
Sad poor dog needs a good walk. frown

I know few people like this it's sad..

Mom's work one workers she knows has a husky her husband had to get one he did zero research.. He was being rough with her kids and causing issues in the house.

Husband wanted to take her to shelter be done with her, but wife was adamant that they're keeping her since you wanted her..

She'd ask my mom since we owned a few dogs and I asked what kind exercise the husky gets?

They live in country so their yard is big. They have a fence or invisible fence forgot which, but all she got in exercise was being outside. She got to come inside she wasn't a outside dog.

I told mom to tell her to give her daily walks and some training sessions and after a week she was a changed dog. Less rough with the kids and didn't chew on things..

I think I saved a dog from going to the shelter.. hehe

Saya loves the outdoors probably stay out if I let her, but no fence to protect her from coyotes plus I like having her with me at night when I sleep.

She gets plenty of outdoor time when I do chores outside plus walks so she doesn't fuss too much when I have her come inside the house.

Cute dog either way though.

Edited by author Tue Sep 11, '12 8:06pm PST

[notify]
Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 9:43pm PST 
JT, if we had larger backyards in my neighborhood, I wouldn't have a problem. If she lived on the farm behind the house, I wouldn't have a problem.

The problem is, she's in a backyard that is mostly pool/hot tub and very little grass space. (in my opinion) If they're really not bugged by heat, I wouldn't mind walking her during the day. I might have to buy her a harness, though. I have no idea how she is on leash.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 2:55am PST 
They do tend to do pretty well in the heat. I walk mine in the heat of summer no problem. Definitely get a harness though, they can be shocking pullers. Hopefully they will say yes? I agree even though they prefer the outdoors living in a small yard with no exercise is cruel. Hell, living in a big yard with no exercise would be cruel! I was just saying they handle outdoor life/heat a lot better than most breeds.
[notify]

Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 4:51am PST 
What a cutie cloud 9
I think Rigs could offer to take some of that fat from her silencedlaugh out loud

In all seriousness though, it's a sad situation. Especially with such an active breed that thrives on having a job to do. If they're just leaving her in the yard all day anyways, I don't see an issue with asking them if you could walk her.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 5:09pm PST 
Ugh. Nothing irritates me like fat dogs who by nature should be athletic and intense.
[notify]
Woofie 1988- - 2001

...the Wonder- dog (where is- she?)

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 5:54pm PST 
She looks like she might be short legged and long bodied? Hard to tell if it's camera angle or not.

I immediately thought Corgi/Jack Russell type mix (Rat terrier, Feist, etc.)
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2