GO!

Opinion on this breeder?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 5:27pm PST 
I am not an expert on Aussie Goldens, but I would look at the National Golden Retriever Club's website to see what their code of ethics is for breeding.

The male was bred before he was even one? that is NOT a good idea, I believe the youngest limit for reputable breeders in Australia is 18 months, plus you also need to see certifications on elbows, eyes and heart. There are also now genetic tests for PRA (eye condition) and Itchyosis (skin issue) that are of concern in European/British/Aussie lines.

Breeding back to back litters is now considered to be a healthier way to breed a bitch than skipping heats (as long as it is done only once). I do agree that I would want to know this girl is of a quality to be bred.
[notify]
Chandler

Code name:- Farmcollie

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 7:28pm PST 
Selli, I don't think they're breeding their 1 year old male to their female. The second paragraph says the prospective sire is in Brisbane.
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 5:54am PST 
Chandler, you are correct and I made a mistake! Thank you for catching it.

As we say for finding an Golden in America, make sure you see the certifications before you commit to buying a pup!
[notify]

Banjo

Little rascal

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 5:53pm PST 
Thank you everyone for responding. Im just doing research right now and finding out more about this breeder. You've definitely given me some great questions I can ask. I know there are a few decent golden breeders down in Brisbane but a. I cant really afford to fly a puppy up and b. Banjo is dog aggressive which is the main reason I dont want to fly a puppy up and just bring it home. I want him to meet the puppy on neutral ground first and see how he reacts. I think he'll be less threatened by a puppy than an adult dog.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2