GO!

High Drive Dogs

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 44)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 9:31pm PST 
LOL! @ Jackson Tan. Lobo....by "outdoor dog" JT meant that not as in outdoorsy, but as in the classic keep them outdoors when you are away because they may eat your home.

I have been breed matching a long time. And part of what I have come to learn/accept is that people make up their minds, and there's not much you can do about it. You just do your best and then let it ride with sincere best wishes.

So wishing her the best of luck and many happy dog memories to come. But also to advise to study up on the breed as much as she can in the interim. While she has this down time, to make good use of it, and spend the time reading, talking to breed people, going to shows and meeting the dogs. There is no such thing as being too prepared.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 9:48pm PST 
Hehe, that's exactly what I meant, Tiller. wink But every 'outdoor' dog can become an indoor dog, I promise. You just need patience, and to put things up high and locks on your cupboards. laugh out loud And take up all the rugs. (RIP poor sheepskin rug. I should have known.) big laugh
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 10:06pm PST 
I've never had one of those, but one of my first consults was for a coonhound who was literally eating the walls. A rescue friend....Dogster Duncan....has told me when she worked a no kill, they had a Bloodhound who kept coming back for destructiveness. Apparently, one adopter put them out in their yard to be on the safe side, and he ate their BOAT shock

Dogs.....gotta love 'em wink I've always thought that more chill Aussie character is what makes them team so well with their breeds laugh out loud
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 12:05am PST 
You are right. Without my own chill Aussie character I might have been crying. Kelpies and ACDs are a force onto themselves, lol.

I still don't think I could handle a boat eater though. shock
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 44)  
1  2  3  4  5