GO!

Breed suggestions

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Buster

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 12:57pm PST 
Poodles are awesome the only thing is the amount of coat care but I could keep it short I guess
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 2:11pm PST 
Poodles are super smart, responsive and very active. I love them, but I don't think I could keep up with them! LOL .... and their coat requires care, lots of frequent clipping which can be a big expense if you're not doing it yourself.

Portugese Water Dogs are great too if you are okay with curly-coated breeds. But they need a lot of grooming too (No PWD looks as immaculate as Bo does in every pic lol) and they can stink if not properly groomed.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 2:25pm PST 
I meant a working English Cocker though, Buster. I don't know of any working American Cockers. Although, if you know of any and are interested they might be a less intense option than the English.
[notify]

Buster

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 2:59pm PST 
I like portugese water dogs but I'm guessing coat care is about the same level as poodles thinking

No I meant I had looked into american cockers but the breeder I know breeds and works working line english cockers and labs. While the american cocker breed club site does talk about some being worked I would guess those are the minority frown
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:18am PST 
How about a Border Terrier, one of the cutest faces in the dog world. Is a terrier but more trainable than your typical terrier, I know of a number of great obedience Borders. Coat is easy care. Great little dogs.
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:29am PST 
I love border terriers well any terrier really but like you say they're just one of the cutest dogs ever. I'll have a look at breeders but they are very overbred here I think mostly the working strains. It will be finding a good breeder that's the issue
[notify]

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 1:16pm PST 
If you wouldn't mind a dog with a mind of his or her own, a beagle.
I am bias, though. I love beagles.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2