GO!

Maybe have to rehome Angel...:(

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 9:14am PST 
I agree with Jackson & Nare. Setting up a good dog run and keeping her outside would only be a temporary arrangement, but you get to keep your dog. As long as you keep up her daily walks/interactions, it might not be a bad idea. I'd rather that scenario than give either of my two up either.

Have you tried discussing the situation with your new landlord? Some might be more flexible if you agree on certain terms such as deep cleaning carpets every so often, paying extra rent etc. It's an idea anyway.
[notify]
Angel Lou

Everybody wants- to be a...DOG!- not a CAT

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 7:18am PST 
Thank you everyone for the responses.

Here is an update on the situation. I have talked to my brother and he has agreed to house her . Until, I come up with another plan on where she will be able to stay. I have discussed it with my landlord and she will not budge. She is the type of person whom does not appreciate dogs for what they give us. She is not even okay with a run, and now she decided against the dog house idea.

My brother absolutely loves Angel, but cannot keep her either as he is moving into an apartment as well. I wish I could find a family, that would foster her with possible adoption that would give Angel as good as a life that I do. Preferably a younger but stable family, with children maybe another dog for Angel to play with.

The only issue Angel really has, is she cannot be off-leash what so ever. She will not stick around for anything. Have tried for many years to train her, and I gave up due to a near car hit incident.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 7:35am PST 
I don't want to be a downer here but it sounds like you're in a corner now. Are there any foster based rescues in your area you can try to get her into? I would start looking into that now even if something comes up in the meantime that's better because a foster based rescue won't be able take her on a couple days notice.

I can't even imagine what you're going through, I feel so bad for you and Angel.big hug
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2