GO!

Would possibly be the ugliest dog ever created!!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 8:02pm PST 
So, Tia is not fixed yet. My vet wants to wait until she's done growing & we'll probably have her done around 18 months. So I have to keep a close eye on her. So far, no heat cycle yet (she's 7 months). Not unusual for larger breeds. Anyway, I met some friends & their dogs at the dog park the other day. Tia immediately drew some "admirers". I was talking to my friend & mentioned that Tia hasn't had her first heat yet. She looked shocked & said "you do realize that the basset that's been following her around is intact right?". I said no, but I'm not worried because I know she's not in heat. I watched them closely anyway & if he tried to mount her, I was ready to run over & break them up. I don't think he could've reached her anyway laugh out loud & she was way too fast for him. I looked at my friend & said "those would be the UGLIEST puppies ever!!" BOL

So what too breeds do you think would create the ugliest dog?
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 12:01am PST 
HA!

My Sister-In-Law got a puppy a few months back... A pug/cairn mix! SOOO UGLY. She's gray/brown brindle, has an overbite like nobody's business, is insanely hyper, and omg... Her entire temperament reeks of TERRIBLE MIX. She got angry when I told her that a 'Pugairn' was NOT a real breed, and was telling me all the great things about this 'breeder'. She thinks the dog may now be pregnant after she got loose while in heat. silenced

I think she's cute in her ugliness... But... well... she's still ugly to me. And I'd NEVER, EVER own one. What's the point of the mix anyway? She got the energy-level of the Cairn, mixed with the stubborn attitude of the Pug.
The 'Pugairn' at six weeks

Please note that as she got older, her jaw alignment got far worse, and now her bottom jaw juts out from her top jaw. Her eyes are bug-eyed now too, and well, she just all around got uglier. Her name? Miss Jagger. big laugh

Edited by author Thu Aug 23, '12 12:03am PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 6:01am PST 
I think she's cute but certainly wouldn't want one. My sister has what she was told by the place she got it was a puggle,as it turns out,after lots of attitude and taking him to 3 different vets before finding one she was completely happy with he is a juggle ( pug/beagle/ jack russel a.k.a. parsons terrier)mix. He is wonderfully sweet but OMD!! is he hyper.She was walking him 5 miles a day plus playing with him constantly,and even with another dog to play with,he still never slows down. we kept him here one night,he is not permitted to stay overnight again. We adore him but no one got any sleep.When he went home after a little less than 24 hours,my husband,myself,and both of our Akitas spent most of the rest of the day catching up on the sleep we missed. I wish your sister luck.flowers
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 6:54am PST 
Sanka fancied an Irish Setter the other night. Not quite sure how those pups would turn out.laugh out loud
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 7:03am PST 
I don't consider any dog ugly.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 7:27am PST 
Well...some are definitely offbeat but I mostly LIKE those! Savvy lately has been enamored of a tiny little pug-mutt in the neighborhood. He likes her too, and seems to enjoy standing completely underneath her taking in the view.

Those would be some odd pups.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 8:05am PST 
Careful or we'll be seeing a "10 Ugliest Dog Breeds" article on the homepage wink
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 8:28am PST 
Onyx, that was what I was thinking! laugh out loud

Charlie, that pup looks like my sisters dog, Echo, just a tad more fluffier...shh I did have a picture of her laying the same way as the pup in your picture, but apparently it's on my old computer. baby Echo

When it comes to animals, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. There are some dog breeds that I would consider to be ugly, but others find them beautiful. However, most of the time, the ugliness comes from deformities because of irresponsible people allowing two incompatable breeds to mix, or even two of the same breed with major genetic defects.
[notify]
Marlowe, RN,- CGC

Seize life by- the big stick!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 10:55am PST 
In the rush to get our new Smooth Collie spayed before she came back into heat, I sat around with some friends and tried to imagine what a Curly-Coated Retriever/Collie litter would look like.

Curly hair? Straight hair? Single coat or double? Snow's got one recessive Rough gene, so would that manifest in the puppies? What colors would they be??

What about the head? Narrow or wide? What would the eyes look like? What if the top jaw was more influence by one parent than the bottom jaw? Would the ears be up or down or some combination thereof?

We finally decided that CurlaCollies would be just about the ugliest darn dogs in the world, and were so happy that she was quickly spayed and there was no possibility of an "oops" between these two. wink
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 11:09am PST 
Well my boyfriend's family Shih Tzu isnt the prettiest thing in the world. She has huge bug eyes that are wierd looking. big laugh

But for an ugly breed i really want to say a Boxer/Poodle mix..that would just one thing i dont want to see.shock
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4