GO!

My shorkie pup is almost 4 months and weigh around 2.3kg...is she underweight?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Anjie

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 11:59pm PST 
Can anybody tell me the average weight for a 4 months old shorkie pup?
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 12:35am PST 
I think yorkies are supposed to be 1-2 kg, and shi tsus are supposed to be 2-3 kg, so, 2.3 should be about right at 4 months.

feel the back of your hand. do you feel how you can feel the skin, tendons, meat just barely covering the bones? this is how a healthy weight dog's ribs feel. Even through the fluff you should be able to fee this. Now feel your knuckles with your palm open but at rest. This is how the spine should feel. a perfect weight of dog will have palpable but not visible ribs with just the tips of the spine visible.

Puppies might feel a little more gangly as they grow up, so don't worry unless your dog is getting lethargic. If you're feeding him and petting him every day, you should be able to gauge fairly well how he is doing, no worries.
[notify]