GO!

czechoslovakian wolfdog

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 6:29pm PST 
Thank you for the info Lilith, it was very insightful! They sound like such great dogs even if they are 'selfish' about what they want to do! big grin
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 8:48pm PST 
they are really great smile for the right owner, of course, same as for any other breed. an ideal owner for this one would be one with a high sense of humor, oddles of patience, ability to laugh at oneself, a person who wants more of a partner, and a person who isn't afraid or averse to experimenting with what works and what their individual dogs prefers & likes (more than usual).

overall, if there is something they are, as a breed, well suited for, is nose-related work.. SAR, detection, tracking seem to be all-around favorites. the rest is purely individual and even when an individual excels, it is always done according to their whims and their mood for the day.

if a person is not like this, they will very quickly find this breed irritating, frustrating, headstrong, destructive and extremely physical (both in exercise needs and preferred means of interaction). as rare as they are in the states there have been a sizable handful of rehomes needed through the club in the last couple of years.. frown
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 10:29pm PST 
czechoslovakian wolfdog is a pretty cool breed.. Sad they had some needing to be re homed. frown

I really wish people do their homework on the breed they choose.

There been some other rare breeds in rescues it's sad.

I love the breed, but right now not the time. I enjoy shiba inu breed I wouldn't mind meeting one someday.. I love meeting different dog breeds I like. Great way to see how a breed is is meet different ones in person..
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 6:01am PST 
" as rare as they are in the states there have been a sizable handful of rehomes needed through the club in the last couple of years"

Not surprised, especially since it's such a fad of late to acquire a rare breed for bragging rights. Some folks just don't realize some breeds are rare in the states for a reason.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2