GO!

German Shepherds in Ontario, Canada

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
Ripley

Barked: Wed May 2, '12 6:42pm PST 
Excellent breeder & where Ripley (Sable German Shepherd) came from:
www.committedtocanine.com

She (Renee) breeds physically & mentally sound dogs.

smile
[notify]

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 11:42pm PST 
I own an Appleridge dog. I would never purchase from this breeder again. Ever. She has to many dogs and they are all living outside in kennels. This was before she moved to the US. My Appleridge dog is 6 years old and I have yet to receive any CKC paperwork. Ive asked 20 times. His hips are very very angulated (he walks like a frog). I have heard many bad reviews about Appleridge as well as many good.

A quick google of Appleridge kennel complaints will bring up a page (that I found after I started to snoop google)

My other GSD is from shiphra shepherds located in Ontario and I havent had a problem with them.

I would stay away from a Belgian Shepherd, I own a Malinois and they need to be worked all day long or you're gunna have to peel them off the ceiling..
[notify]
Ripley

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 11:36am PST 
Still haven't rec'd CKC registration papers for Ripley & she is now 10 months old. I have come to not be so happy with the breeder in the long-term after all. shrug
[notify]

Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 11:59am PST 
Ripley, under Canadian law, a breeder must provide registration papers within 6 months of a sale. The problem is that most puppy buyers do not know what to do if their breeder does provide papers or do not want to cause trouble. If your breeder is not holding up her end of the puppy sale, you really should report this to the CKC. They will investigate and she will be charged if it is found she is not following the Animal Pedigree Act. Too many breeders get away with stuff like this because no one reports them.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 7:15pm PST 
Ripley, if it isn't too personal of a question, may I ask why you are up for adoption? frown
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 11:14am PST 
Mulder I was wondering the same thing.. thinking
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 11:15am PST 
Yes Bianca was from Bullinger lines on both sides, although she was not from Bullinger kennels herself- her sire was a Bullinger dog and both her dam's parents had Bullinger in their registered names as well but her dam was owned by another kennel (I didn't deal with them though as I got her from her previous owner). I know at least one other Dogster who has a dog from the same lines, he has the same sire as Bianca and his dam is Bianca's grandmother. I don't know if they visit the forums though.
I know it's not typical of the lines/breed but Bianca was a very calm GSD who was just as happy to laze around the house with me as to be out doing agility or running with my bike (or herding sheep, if her HIC was any indication), she was not the type to NEED a job or tons of exercise to be relaxed in the house, although I did a lot of activities with her she was also ok if I was not able to do anything. Of course when I got her she was long past the puppy stages (4 years) so that is a difference.
I have heard a lot of good things about Bullinger.
Also wanted to mention Maine Coons probably have one of the highest HD rates in cats, due I think partly to their large size, hich is probably why they are up on that list. Actually I've sometimes thought my Maine Coon reminded me of a GSD, especially the longcoat GSD I fostered LOL. They both had shaggy coats and long bodies, and they carry their tails in a similar way.

Edited by author Thu Dec 27, '12 11:27am PST

[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3