GO!

Portugese Pointer

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 6:59pm PST 
A friend of mine has fallen in love with the Portugese Pointer. He had his mind set on a GSP but as he was flipping through his dog book he came upon the PP and is totally set in getting one.
Anyone ever have one or know of someone who has one? He's a very active person so it seems like a good fit.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 7:07pm PST 
Ok Mikey, now I have to go research laugh out loud Never heard of one red face
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 7:14pm PST 
I loved this comment on the AKC website...

"•The Portuguese Pointer's affectionate nature is so intense that the Portuguese standard describes it as sometimes "inappropriate and inconvenient.""

Sounds like a great dog! Very interesting look.
[notify]

Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 7:16pm PST 
I've never heard of it either and I looked on here to see if they're listed and they're not listed here on Dogster. I may be calling it by the wrong name. He called it The Portugese Pointer.
I believe it's a hunting dog.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 7:28pm PST 
It is Mikey, it is on the AKC website, not alot of info but some, they have a very interesting look, not sure how to describe it. But they are hunting dogs.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 7:55pm PST 
Looks like a rather odd mix of a Boxer and a Vizsla shock

Interesting!
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Fri Aug 20, '10 5:50am PST 
Here's an interesting journal I found about a man's trip to Portugal to visit some PP kennels, hunt with some PPs, etc. Perdigueiro
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 8:10pm PST 
I have a Portuguese Pointer. He's the sweetest thing and a total workaholic. laugh out loud I intend to get another. Everyone loves him and he's just the most spunky, sweetest driven dog. I highly recommend this breed.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 9:22pm PST 
My friend ended up getting one since I posted this. She's about 8- 8 1/2 months old and he's very happy with her. Although he's not a hunter.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 6:02am PST 
That's great. smile My dog isn't necessarily a hunter, he really loves all animals. However, he does need work to do 24/7. puppy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2